My best Rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeC

Reaction score
This is comfortably the best Roth I have ever bloomed. To me, it has everything, size, colour, flower count (for a first bloom with 4). I'm not sure of the pedigree as I just bought it as a 'Roth', based on the leaves. I liked how symmetrical they were, a perfect fan shape. I can only assume the parents must have been pretty good.

Attachments

• 20240216_115852.jpg
    20240216_115852.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240216_165059.jpg
    20240216_165059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240215_074346.jpg
    20240215_074346.jpg
    987.6 KB · Views: 1
Fantastic! It is not every day we see a roth with this quality. Great color and nice round shape. You hit the jackpot on this one.

Very nice. May I ask who sold it to you? Might give me a clue about parentage. I'll be interested to see natural spread in a week or so, I think it's going to continue opening a bit

Very nice. May I ask who sold it to you? Might give me a clue about parentage. I'll be interested to see natural spread in a week or so, I think it's going to continue opening a bit
It came from Elite orchids, ( UK based nursery) I hope it does continue to open s bit, it's about 26 cm wide at the moment, but the base of the petals is very deep, around 2 cm, so could go a bit wider without looking out of proportion I think.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 6.06.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 6.06.23 PM.png
    969.8 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone have any tips on how to encourage multiple new growths? I regularly use seaweed extract, as I read it is a growth stimulant, I find this is great for encouraging new roots, but can't say for certain it influences the number of new growths. Generally I get two new growths, but not always, I would really like 3. This plant currently has one small growth about the size of a thumbnail. I am keen to grow it as large as possible, as quickly as possible, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

This is a lovely roth and definitely far above the average.

Does anyone have any tips on how to encourage multiple new growths? I regularly use seaweed extract, as I read it is a growth stimulant, I find this is great for encouraging new roots, but can't say for certain it influences the number of new growths. Generally I get two new growths, but not always, I would really like 3. This plant currently has one small growth about the size of a thumbnail. I am keen to grow it as large as possible, as quickly as possible, so any thoughts would be appreciated.
Take patience ! 😎

Latest posts

Back