Paphiopedilum venustum 'Astrid' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey All . This is my very first attempt at posting something so hopefully It works . I have Just flowered my first ever Paph venustum and wanted to share . It's a division of the awarded Paph venustum 'Astrid' . Hope you like.

Cheers Ryan :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 131
Thanks David . Yeah I'm pretty happy with this one . And yeah I'm in Bris .
Ryan

Paph venustum 'Astrid' AM/AOC

Here is a photo without flash .
Ryan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 52
Paph venustum 'Astrid' AM/AOC

And one of whole plant . Sorry for the low res pics .
Ryan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 70
crazy pretty venustum and I love it. I hope the petals don't start reflexing.
I have a really nice one, but the second or third day it after it opened the
petals did reflex a bit. It was a first bloom. I'm hoping the second blooming will be better.

I would just like to add that this is not a plant I got awarded . It's a division of an already awarded plant .

Ryan

I seriously doudt an awarded AM venustum will develop strong reflexed petals. So what you see is what you get. That is one excellent clone Ryan. Money well spent.

Wow, that is a stunner! Great cherry petals, nicely contrasted by a pale almost luminescent pouch and a well shaped dorsal.
Petal reflexing is a feature of the species, with there being a range of degree of reflex. I do not feel that this reflexing is a negative feature, just view it simply as a characteristic of the species. I am not sure that it being awarded necessarily indicates that it will not reflex. How old is the bloom?

Paph venustum 'Astrid '

This is it after 8 days I think . Just took now .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back