Paphiopedilum Doll's Kobold and a guest

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this hybrid and yours all look great!!
Mine is in sheath. Mine grows well but won't bloom regularly.
Where is yours from?

i see you flag your orchids. what do the flags indicate?

I am playing with different color tags to help me manage the collection. For example, green flags are for repotting priority. When I am watering and notice a plant needs to be repotted but don't have time to stop, I put a green tag in the pot to come back later.

At the moment red are divisions, but I will be changing the color. So, I can use red for miscellaneous "needs attention".

I am playing with different color tags to help me manage the collection. For example, green flags are for repotting priority. When I am watering and notice a plant needs to be repotted but don't have time to stop, I put a green tag in the pot to come back later.

At the moment red are divisions, but I will be changing the color. So, I can use red for miscellaneous "needs attention".
Where do you get the flags?

Love this idea! Would love to get these too!

I just ordered 1,000 plastic plant labels by googling plant labels on line. They were available in 5 colors, 200 of each. They came with permanent markers but they were not “fine enough”. I use #3 lead pencil.
Tags were sky blue, Kelly green, yellow, pink and red I think.
But you could use them to mean anything that fits your needs.
I am currently using yellow for my multifloral Paphs for instance. My Phrags. might be assigned pink as another example. I have always used white before but last year my chipmunks pulled out a few dozen white labels from pots. Little creeps!!!! So now I use permanent marker to put a number on the bottom of each pot, say #22. Then I have a list on my computer that that number belongs to Paph. rothschildianum such and such.

I just ordered 1,000 plastic plant labels by googling plant labels on line. They were available in 5 colors, 200 of each. They came with permanent markers but they were not “fine enough”. I use #3 lead pencil.
Tags were sky blue, Kelly green, yellow, pink and red I think.
But you could use them to mean anything that fits your needs.
I am currently using yellow for my multifloral Paphs for instance. My Phrags. might be assigned pink as another example. I have always used white before but last year my chipmunks pulled out a few dozen white labels from pots. Little creeps!!!! So now I use permanent marker to put a number on the bottom of each pot, say #22. Then I have a list on my computer that that number belongs to Paph. rothschildianum such and such.
I use these to tell me what plants I water each day. Each table’s plants are listed in an app that pops up depending on the day cycle of that plant’s watering needs. Table #1 RED, for instance.

Latest posts

Back