Orchids 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m intrigued, puzzled and surprised that plants cannot ’hear’ noises like thunder and birds, and MUSIC (!?). I’m ordering this book now to read for tomorrow lol.

My poor orchids will have to do without Vivaldi until I fully assess this situation 😌.
I too am reading the book and find it quite interesting. I have always played music (classical) to my plants. I have no doubts

Good color and shoulders on the petals. Would be nice to have more twist in the petals but that's just one man's opinion. Overall it's a beauty!

Really nice flowers Justin, they opened fast. Don't let the petal tips touch to anything yet, see how long they grow.
As Spjur said, it would be nice with more twist, but they might still do that when the petals have grown to their full lenght.

Nice sandie Justin. It from Quintal Farms?

This is actually from a batch of sanderianums that Leo Schordje had contract grown in Hawaii proabably 14 years ago. He sold a bunch when the grower said they had to go. He mentioned the breeding was from a private grower, and the strain was unrelated to the west coast sanderianums. The cross is notable for very dark color. I had one that had around 75 cm petals, but it ultimately died. This is the last one I have from this group so it is great to see it finally bloom.

This is actually from a batch of sanderianums that Leo Schordje had contract grown in Hawaii proabably 14 years ago. He sold a bunch when the grower said they had to go. He mentioned the breeding was from a private grower, and the strain was unrelated to the west coast sanderianums. The cross is notable for very dark color. I had one that had around 75 cm petals, but it ultimately died. This is the last one I have from this group so it is great to see it finally bloom.
Holy crap! Justin, I still have one plant from Leo as well. No where near blooming size
but alive. If I remember correctly he sold a baker's dozen for 100 bucks.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to see the sanderianum photos.

Hi emydura, have you tried open the pictures with your phone or PC or laptop🤔 With smartphone to problems sometimes helps just to turn it off and restart it. Just this week my husband said that in WhatsApp someone send pictures and he could not open them (upload). I said to him, that try restart your phone and that worked. Of cause it can be something more problematic.

The sandie is looking great, can we get an update when all the flowers are fully open, if you have time? Would love to see how long and twisty those petals get!

Latest posts

Back