Paphiopedilum Doll's Kobold

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Djthomp28

Reaction score
These are both made with Paph henryanum f. christae x Paph Charlesworth f. bromilowae. In previous years these have bloom lighter than the typical form and in August/September. This year they bloomed darker and much earlier. The warm weather is really doing a number on the blooming cycles around here.

It nice to see them bloom before I find a new home for them. Space it tight, and I just divide my typical Doll's Kobold. Doll's Kobolds will be taking up too much space once winter comes.

20200709_123615.jpg20200709_123651.jpg20200709_123655.jpg

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting coloration, with the pink pouch still coming through strong from a christae form of henryanum.

I am not familiar with fm bromilowae? Is it lighter in color than normal charlesworthii? Any pics of the parents?

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I love this hybrid. Yours look just like two of my seedlings made with type parents.
Mine last bloomed in the fall of 2018. A couple of them are in sheath again. I thought they would bloom sooner, but no.
Charlesworthii and its primary really hate me. lol

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Interesting coloration, with the pink pouch still coming through strong from a christae form of henryanum.

I am not familiar with fm bromilowae? Is it lighter in color than normal charlesworthii? Any pics of the parents?
I am not familiar with the form either. I am not completely sure about the spelling just what's on the tags. I have not found much about the form but I know it is a much lighter form of charlesworthii. The picture I saw on the vendor's site (Lucky Girl, which closed a few years ago) was a tawny light tan color.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Thanks all. Doll's Kobold is an adorable hybrid. I will post my type Doll's Kobold when it opens. hopefully the flowers will overlap.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
I love this hybrid. Yours look just like two of my seedlings made with type parents.
Mine last bloomed in the fall of 2018. A couple of them are in sheath again. I thought they would bloom sooner, but no.
Charlesworthii and its primary really hate me. lol
Maybe we can trade. You can share your Parvi blooming magic, and I will share my Doll's Kobold blooming. These bloom easily each year for me. Those pesky parvis are the slow growers

Just1more

Reaction score
These are both made with Paph henryanum f. christae x Paph Charlesworth f. bromilowae. In previous years these have bloom lighter than the typical form and in August/September. This year they bloomed darker and much earlier. The warm weather is really doing a number on the blooming cycles around here.

It nice to see them bloom before I find a new home for them. Space it tight, and I just divide my typical Doll's Kobold. Doll's Kobolds will be taking up too much space once winter comes.

View attachment 21180View attachment 21181View attachment 21182
Nothing to offer in trade. If you’re going to sell/ship, I’d be interested in details!

Phred

Reaction score

Hi Leslie
There may be more to this but I believe “ f. bromilowae” is a synonym for alba/album. I’ve have a few myself and some are marked album and some bromilowae.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
I wish I thought to grab a screen capture and the description of the cross. I do that now so I can refer back to the details once the plants bloom.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
My regular Doll's Kobold is blooming. The flower is smaller than normal but still adorable.
20200714_142155.jpg20200714_142210.jpg

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
The first flowers in this thread are nice and have an attracting colouration but the colouration of the last one is great and made my day. 👍

Latest posts