Paph Wossner Black Wings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful! I twill be my next acquisition, its already ordered...

nice colour and markings.
I find WBW a bit slow at first but once 2 growths it gets away nicely. I suppose it depends on the breeding, too.
I have found this hybrid to be difficult to grow well. I've had a few just rot for no good reason. Another issue I see with anitum primaries is the lost of the dark green color. The plants turn this yellow green color and typically won't keep an old growth. I'm missing something in their diet or they're getting too much of something and its blocking proper uptake.
Anyone having success with anitum and can add helpful information on the culture requirements?

I have found this hybrid to be difficult to grow well. I've had a few just rot for no good reason. Another issue I see with anitum primaries is the lost of the dark green color. The plants turn this yellow green color and typically won't keep an old growth. I'm missing something in their diet or they're getting too much of something and its blocking proper uptake.
Anyone having success with anitum and can add helpful information on the culture requirements?
I have a few anitums (haven’t bloomed any yet though) and I keep them bright, warm and wet on swc. Two are big BS and the other 5 are seedlings. They don’t like to dry out (opposite of roths though).

Also they respond better to K lite fertilizer than the other feeds (with lots of flushing in between). But I’m not sure if I’m 100% right. They are at least alive and growing lol.

Just my two cents.

I have a few anitums (haven’t bloomed any yet though) and I keep them bright, warm and wet on swc. Two are big BS and the other 5 are seedlings. They don’t like to dry out (opposite of roths though).

Also they respond better to K lite fertilizer than the other feeds (with lots of flushing in between). But I’m not sure if I’m 100% right. They are at least alive and growing lol.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for your 2 cents! I know Peter Lin in the Ft Worth/Dallas area grows and bloomed anitum in straight sphagnum.

Very difficult to grow from seedling. I have killed several.

My mature plant loves constant moisture. I have it in an Orchiata/sponge roc/charcoal.mix with lots of sphagnum moss. Grown in relative shade too. It is a vigorous outlier that blooms every few years or so.

Thanks for your 2 cents! I know Peter Lin in the Ft Worth/Dallas area grows and bloomed anitum in straight sphagnum.
I must do a correction on this statement. I looked up Peter's old post and he has anitum and others in straight Orchiata with a thick layer of sphagnum on top.

Latest posts

Back