Wössner Black Wings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an outstanding clone. I would be happy with that. It could be the Roth 'Leo' cross which many of us have been flowering recently.

Your second AM is from roth 'Leo' x Anitum 'Ace'?
No, I don't actually know the parentage of 'Gabby' other than being Taiwanese. I've bloomed a handful of the 'Leo' crosses but nothing worth judging yet, they're blooming on such small plants that I don't think they're even hinting at their real potential yet.

If it were mine I would take it to judging.
I believe it's pouchless by now, is it not?
How big did the bottom flower get when it matured? Looks like it kept growing for a bit after you called it at DS 6.2, PL 18

Last edited:
Still waiting for Tony's pollen to get here. and still narrowing down & deciding on what to cross it with.

DS maxed out at 6.2 but the petals continued to grow to 20cm long.
The interesting thing is the horizontal spread of the petals.
The bottom flower has it at 15cm, the middle flower at 19cm and the top flower at 20cm.

HP7..... I see this thread not before now, after my return from holidays but I'm impressed by these lovely and big flowers the same way as all the other previous speakers here. Great show ! 👌

HP7..... I see this thread not before now, after my return from holidays but I'm impressed by these lovely and big flowers the same way as all the other previous speakers here. Great show ! 👌
Thank you.
Two have already dropped off after pollination attempt and one is still holding on although looking very tired. 😁

WBW x WBW seed capsule looks to be set! Yay!! See you back in ten years 😄
Tony, if you see this, is 'Bitis Botanical' also from Taiwan or do you now the parents' name?
Sorry, you might have already shared the info and I have forgotten.

WBW x WBW seed capsule looks to be set! Yay!! See you back in ten years 😄
Tony, if you see this, is 'Bitis Botanical' also from Taiwan or do you now the parents' name?
Sorry, you might have already shared the info and I have forgotten.

'Bitis Botanical' is Taiwanese bred by Sunlight from an unnamed select OZ roths 'Rex' x 'Mont Milais' x anitum 'Sunlight'. That cross has produced a number of FCC winners and I think BB will get there when it is a bit more mature.

Back