Paph. sanderianum 'Melinau Paku'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's the best sandie I've seen. Such gorgeous, chunky, beautifully coloured flowers. Well done! :drool:

Stop bumping this up. I can't take looking at the picture!!!! So much drool on the floor to clean up now.

Robert, How do you recommend growing sanderianums and what type of potting mix is it in? Thanks!

I find Growstone to be highly alkaline since the foaming agent is Calcium carbonate. I rinsed it many times and the pH is still alkaline.

We just use a little Growstone in our mix, so the total pH of the barkmix doesn't get too alkaline. The fact that it is slightly alkaline works probably well for us, as our fertilizer is slightly acidic, so the Growstone will buffer/neutralize the acidity of the fertilizer. Also a lot of Paph's (like Paph. sanderianum) grow in areas that there is a lot of limestone, so they like a slight alkaline (basic) growing media, so another reason the Growstone probaly works well for us.

Robert

Latest posts

Back