Paph roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look good. Excellent shape, nice petal stance and chunky segments. And it is only going to get better. Are the flowers of good size? Breeding?

It is a good size for the condition of the plant. This is OZ breeding. I was lucky to have a few before the nursery closed.

These flowers are stunning! I didn’t even know a Roth could bloom on so small a plant! What elements of your culture do you think you need to fix?
Three plants that size flowered this season. Could be the higher light they got during the winter with the addition of LEDs as supplement.
For culture, I will repot them with bigger sizes of bark and water with more calcium carbonate. Basically adding more tap to my mix. I have noticed their positive response.

Id grow that on, though 2 flowers is concerning.

On a first flowering seedling, especially given the size, I am only concerned about the flower quality. And the flower quality looks excellent on this one. I don't think you could expect more than 2 flowers on such a small growth. My best roth only had two flowers on the first flowering. It was an awarded an AM the next time.

Latest posts

Back