Paphiopedilum armeniacum has finally bloomed!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back from a fantastic few days at the European Orchid Conference in Dresden, Germany, to discover my Paph armeniacum bloom has finally fully opened. I first noticed the bud developing back in November 23, so it's been quite a wait for this moment! Worth it though, I'm really pleased with it.

Attachments

• _DSD1529-Edit.jpg
    _DSD1529-Edit.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 0
  • _DSD1509-Edit.jpg
    _DSD1509-Edit.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 0
This is a gorgeous P. ameniacum and nicely photographed.
BTW ....could it be you were the guy I and my friend talked with, while you photograhed an show booth with D. cuthbertsonii and Sophronitis (Cattleya) acuensis ? He wore a red/white anorak ... if I remember correctly.....and said he lives at the outskirts of London.

Last edited:
This is a gorgeous P. ameniacum and nicely photographed.
BTW ....could it be you were the guy I and my friend talked with, while you photograhed a show booth with D. cuthbertsonii and Sophronitis (Cattleya) acuensis ? He wore a red/white anorak ... if I remember correctly.....and said he lives at the outskirts of London.
Yes, that was me!

Your armeniacum is wonderful! Who did you buy from? And into what substrate are you growing it?

Kind Regards
Corrado

Your armeniacum is wonderful! Who did you buy from? And into what substrate are you growing it?

Kind Regards
Corrado
Hi Corrado, it came from a UK nursery called Spicesotics. It’s grown in Orchiata back, 9-12mm at about 75mm thick over polystyrene peanuts (normally used for protecting parcels!).

Latest posts

Back