Paph leucochilum alba 'Hoth'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
Paphgodefroyaealbaplant-2.jpg

It is lovely. I have the regular leucochilum and the leaves are so attractive. What is the foliage like on this one?

Named after one of my favorite planets. :) Hmm, should we cross it with my Paph Ton-Ton?

-Ernie

exceptional flower, I like it a lot! What's the size? Is that staminode plain white too?

Turn Off The Lights! Man, that is White! Super nice line breeding here. How many did you have to bloom before you got this beauty?

Last edited:
Excellent Shape!

Question: When you are dealing with album leuchochilum's how do you know it is an album leuchochilum versus an album godefroyae? When you are dealing with the colored forms you can tell them apart as leuchochilum has a white pouch and godefroyae has spots on the pouch. When both of these are albums you cannot use this distinction.

Robert

Excellent Shape!

Question: When you are dealing with album leuchochilum's how do you know it is an album leuchochilum versus an album godefroyae? When you are dealing with the colored forms you can tell them apart as leuchochilum has a white pouch and godefroyae has spots on the pouch. When both of these are albums you cannot use this distinction.

Robert

I don't think that godefroyae and leucochilum are a real large genetic distinction. The difference like you said is the spots on the pouch. I guess you could call it either. Since it has no color and the pouch definitely doesn't I go with leucochilum. Any other ideas?

Question: When you are dealing with album leuchochilum's how do you know it is an album leuchochilum versus an album godefroyae?
hehe, I was asking myself exactly the same question and googling a bit to get some info.

Even though it may me argued whether they are same or different species, something more than "white pouch" should be available in order to label the plant as Paph godefroye f. album or Paph godefroyae var. leuchochilum f album. Somewhere in the web I found a link saying that the difference is in the size of the flower (leuchochilum larger than godefroyae), but this does not seem to be an stable character to be used (IMO) Does anyone know whether there is a valid description for leuchochilum album?

:clap::clap::drool::drool: I think the 'h' needs to be removed from the clonal name, because it is HOT!

Latest posts

Back