Paphiopedilum leucochilum ‘Double Trouble’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the present case I would consider us more in the realm of arguments than in the realm of opinions.
There wasn't much of a discussion anyway. It is like a "my way or no way" kind of "discussion" and you can't post photos that might indicate/say I might be wrong.
It is almost like "You are not a white person because you don't have blue eyes"
@Leslie, I will not post those photos here...If I take photos, I will send them through PM.

Oh, let me weigh in just a little bit. Most recent AOS award July 2023, exhibitor Krull-Smith, photo from AOS by Wes Newton. In description please note. pouch light yellow-cream, fine mahogany spots on sides and interiorly. Of note as exhibitor is past president of AOS, and there is no notation of the species being identified by the species ID task force. Does this mean that there is a common acceptance that leucochilum may have an other than pure white pouch.

Paphiopedilum leucochilum 'Crystelle' FCC/AOS (92​

Attachments

• leucochilum KS.jpg
    leucochilum KS.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
Oh, let me weigh in just a little bit. Most recent AOS award July 2023, exhibitor Krull-Smith, photo from AOS by Wes Newton. In description please note. pouch light yellow-cream, fine mahogany spots on sides and interiorly. Of note as exhibitor is past president of AOS, and there is no notation of the species being identified by the species ID task force. Does this mean that there is a common acceptance that leucochilum may have an other than pure white pouch.

Paphiopedilum leucochilum 'Crystelle' FCC/AOS (92​

I will allow 10 spots… no more 😂.

I will allow 10 spots… no more 😂.
You're such a witch...they are going to stone you to death. (Joking! okay? I was going to use other words but it might be too political even for modern days)

there is a common acceptance that leucochilum may have an other than pure white pouch.
The kings and queens, the PMs or the chancellors may not allow that, but for common folks? maybe...
Rooster allows 10 spots, and I will allow 20 tiny tiny spots but I will check the leaves and other stuff first...now they are going to burn me like a witch too.🥳

Last edited:
The kings and queens, the PMs or the chancellors may not allow that, but for common folks? maybe...
Rooster allows 10 spots, and I will allow 20 tiny tiny spots but I will check the leaves and other stuff first...now they are going to burn me like a witch too.🥳
20 is pushing it ha!

Unless it 10 of my allowable spots split into halves. 🙃

deleted, never mind that. I was just repeating ***

Last edited:
Been offline for a while... interesting comments to read through...

But to the uninitiated, can somebody explain to me where does Paph. godefroyae var ang-thong fit in... I have a couple of plants labelled as such and they are alba forms - that is, pure white with no spotting on the pouch. :)

JL

PS Leslie can you pass some popcorn.

Latest posts

Back