Paphiopedilum leucochilum ‘Double Trouble’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So… this one came home with me today from our monthly meeting. It was hiding among the tall huge Dendrobium and Phalaenopsis hybrids. Poor thing.

It bears this moniker name since it has to be screened by our ever watchful ST leucochilum commitee 🤓.

Also because it has two flowers 😏.

Let us wait for the verdict. If it passes those eagle eyes 😂.

NS 8.5 cm.

00D0225C-909A-48D0-8B10-53D2EF1BCA54.jpeg2164458E-3794-47FC-91E9-9AA6BC7332F1.jpeg2A4FA44F-9D64-467C-A7BC-FCA80BC3EAC4.jpeg7CFBC3CB-F667-4904-8794-C3861FBA2A8E.jpeg

Are you telling me you just snatched this at your monthly os meeting? How nice and lucky!

Also weird question but if you squeeze the pouch/ petals is it like a normal paph, thin and not very rigid, or is is really tough and thick because it looks like that would be the case and inturn result in a long lived flower

It might be a tough crowd but one that loves you!!
A vendor really? You have vendors show up at a monthly meeting? I need to go to Toronto.
T.E.L.L. ???? the Transnational European Leucochilum League!!! That is a new one for me! :cool: 🥰 😁

Thank goodness you rescued it from those overbearing phals and dends. I'm sure you had no other choice. Beautiful flower(s)!

It might be a tough crowd but one that loves you!!
A vendor really? You have vendors show up at a monthly meeting? I need to go to Toronto.
T.E.L.L. ???? the Transnational European Leucochilum League!!! That is a new one for me! :cool: 🥰 😁
Yes we have about 6 vendors in our monthly meeting in Toronto!! All local and some resellers. I also got a few Phals and 2 flasks from Sam’s leftover stock (stonei x sib, roth x sib).

Here are the 3 Phals that come home with me too:

0B4CE242-FB0F-4870-9AAB-19E3296AD3AA.jpeg6B460CEC-CF96-4DE6-9671-146BA8A478D4.jpeg045A8233-FFA9-4E3B-B154-DD7903C479D2.jpeg85F61B96-DD5A-46C9-B87C-7416450CA8FB.jpeg

LD Bear King ‘Mitou’
Chattalada
Indigo

Yes T.E.L.L. are ever watchful and ready to make statement corrections 😂 and serve a notice expeditiously.

Last edited:
Tough crowd lol 😂.
Indeed! but you're asking for it.🤣
From my readings lately, I will quote the following for you guys:
Godefroyae--Leaf markings: pale green to silvery green leaf, heavily tessellated with dark green, or light green irregular marking; Leaf underside: Heavily overlaid with small, reddish-purple dots. Leaf tip: acute, one-toothed.
Leucochilum--Leaf markings: Solid, dark green to light green, heavily overlaid with dark green tessellations. Leaf underside: Dark purple-red, to dark green, heavily overlaid with purple-red. Leaf tip: acute equal to unequal leaf halves. Not toothed.

Findings--godyfroyae occasionally may have two flowers while leucochilum always has just one flower. Some Paph. leucochillum do have minus spots on the pouch. Just another note, the earlier godefroyae had a different look--skinnier looking/less full compared to leucochilum. They are from different parts of Thailand.

Spots or no spots--Are we really splitting hair here? Maybe!
Just carry on! I am no member of any of the famous groups at ST.:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back