Paph dianthum 'Rajani' ACE/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Picked up my first cultural award with my dianthum and the highest award to boot. Below is a better photo of it then when I posted it previously. I was told I could not stake it above the first flower. This resulted in the spikes flopping out a bit and hence displaying much better compared to when they were rigidly staked. The flowers are not so crowded. I cleaned up the leaves a bit too which certainly helped.

Last edited:
Outch!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Wonderful!

My dianthum doesn't want to increase its size. One old growth dead = One new growth...

Holy Smokes! Congrats David, nicely done. Interesting about staking policy. So what was the actual score?
BTW, to me it should of gotten a flower quality award as well. You just done see this species with the colors, the flower count nor the behaved petals presentation.

PS. what's the clonal name represent?

Holy Smokes! Congrats David, nicely done. Interesting about staking policy. So what was the actual score?
BTW, to me it should of gotten a flower quality award as well. You just done see this species with the colors, the flower count nor the behaved petals presentation.

PS. what's the clonal name represent?

The clonal name represents the better half. I named the last one after my daughter so I think it was in my own interests to name this one after the mother. :)

I'm comfortable with the fact it didn't get a quality award. I don't think the flowers are as good as the dianthum Jim had awarded recently. Many of the flowers themselves weren't as good as previous flowerings - possibly due to the stress of such a heavy flowering combined with the extreme temperatures in which the flowers had to develop. Many of the dorsals (not all) were very twisted and some of the petals were all over the place.

I don't know the score. A friend took the plant down to judging for me (it was a couple of hundred km's away). I might find out this weekend when I have to complete the paperwork.

So amazing! Wow, words can't even describe how wonderful it is!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Oh, come on, you can do better then that! Lol

:eek:

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back