Paph dianthum 'Rajani' ACE/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its so damn big it won't all fit on my screen! (PS. I wish my wife looked that good:ninja:)

That's a sure sign your hobby is way out of control. Even I would stop short of saying that. :)

I forgot you still use a 15 inch monitor. Here is a smaller version just for you. It looks tiny on my 27 inch screen. :)

That is awesome David in every sense of the word. I'm sure it's quite a sight in person. Congrats on a well deserved award

Super show. Congrat's on the well deserved award. Sadly, I only get one new growth per year on mine and so far only 2 flowers on the spike. Must be the Aussie water?!!

Well deserved David!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!

And in good company with those other ACE s !!!!

Jean

Thanks Jean. How nice was that Coelogyne rochussenii 'Joy'. One of the most stunning orchids I have ever seen.

Just stunning!!!!
any tip regarding culture?

I don't do anything different with this species. Overall I think it is a pretty straight forward species to grow. Much easier than parishii. I think the trick is to find a clone that clumps well as it appears that many do not. So maybe look for a division rather than a seedling as the fact it has been divided demonstrates its ability to multiply. It grows in my glasshouse amongst my other multiflorals. Minimum temps of 16oC and maximums of around 31oC. Humidity above 50% often around 70%. I use my own low K fertiliser regime.

I will second that! Wow!
I can't believe I nearly missed this post, this has got to be the highlight of the year! Well done, your growing is superb, so I can't say that I am surprised (just very very VERY impressed!)

Thanks Gary. Probably the highlight of the hobby for me. I have four quality awards but I feel this is a bigger highlight than those as it is more about the culture than the individual flowers themselves. It is a culmination of growing this plant for more than a decade. I'm a bit stunned it got an ACE award. I certainly wasn't expecting that. They are pretty rare and there wasn't a single Paph amongst those from the last 10 years.

To grow a plant to such a size and flower accordingly is a great achievement and you've been rewarded accordingly for your efforts. A stunning bloom. So a big congratulations!!!:clap::clap::clap:

On your previous comment, why is it easier than parishii? I do have a multigrowth plant which is in spike however, it hasn't put out any new growths for nearly 3 years. How do they react to being repotted?

Gary
UK

To grow a plant to such a size and flower accordingly is a great achievement and you've been rewarded accordingly for your efforts. A stunning bloom. So a big congratulations!!!:clap::clap::clap:

On your previous comment, why is it easier than parishii? I do have a multigrowth plant which is in spike however, it hasn't put out any new growths for nearly 3 years. How do they react to being repotted?

Gary
UK

I've had a few parishii's now and I am still yet to flower one. I just find they rot really easily. Others have found the same problem. Maybe it is because they are largely epiphytic and we are growing them in pots. I haven't found dianthum to be nearly as tricky although my experience is with only one clone. I recently bought another two NFS parishii seedlings so we will see how those go. It would help if I started off with a large strong healthy plant but you don't see those here.

It is difficult for me to offer any advice on your plant as I've had so little success with this species up till now.

Latest posts

Back