Paph. dianthum "The Freak"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
Show your unique or ugly ones here also if you wish...
Here is my dianthum--Every bloom and flower, the dorsal opens up normally for two days, then makes a 90-degree turn and twists a little When it bloomed the first time, I was disappointed...In the subsequent blooms, all the flowers did the same...I thought it was unique, so I kept it, and called it "The Freak".
The flowers of this bloom are quite big, NS is over 9 inches for the biggest one.

Attachments

• DSCN0958.JPG
    DSCN0958.JPG
    817.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0961.JPG
    DSCN0961.JPG
    832.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
o_OI just tried to be more sharing... Now I am keeping it all for myself... unique, one of the kind, hard to find, all the goodies, all mine!🤣 want my ugly C. percivalliana alba? It is coming!

Last edited:
That might be just a little bit too far...although I am getting warmed up by it.
For me. it is a unique item. If it didn't do the same uniformly for every flower and every blooming, or it didn't turn or twist enough, I might dislike it .. besides that, there are some beauty/good points in those flowers too, so I don't mind keeping it, at least for a little while.
What if this was a newly discovered species, I think people would accept that without any problems...

Leslie, stop doing your haha...you are just jealous it is not in your collection.🤣 Seriously tho, would you keep it? and why?

Leslie, stop doing your haha...you are just jealous it is not in your collection.🤣 Seriously tho, would you keep it? and why?
I like it a lot. The twisted dorsal forms a home for some homeless critter.

I was smiling because it reminds me of the expression ‘a face only a mother/father would love’.

I’d keep it because it is a novelty and that it might outlast all other dianthums in future to save the species.

Latest posts

Back