Paphiopedilum Wossner Black Wings 'Rajani' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amazing how small the plant looks!!

It is a bit of an optical illusion. The flowering growth runs from front to back, so you can't really see the full size. Plus the very tall spike and large flowers make the growth look relatively small. Having said that, it is still quite a compact plant. The leaves are quite wide.

beautiful - Do they have a miniature version of this yet? Like neofinetia type miniature
The concept, miniature WBW, is really an oxymoron....and I don't think anybody is line breeding to obtain that effect. I guess you could use two compact parent plants to try to make a more compact WBW better suited for window sill growing...but miniature, njaaaah... Here we are in the realm, where size really matters! 😉

The concept, miniature WBW, is really an oxymoron....and I don't think anybody is line breeding to obtain that effect. I guess you could use two compact parent plants to try to make a more compact WBW better suited for window sill growing...but miniature, njaaaah... Here we are in the realm, where size really matters! 😉

I agree. The anitum parent does reduce the size of the plant to some degree, but it is not a miniature by any measure. My experience with multi-florals is the bigger the growth the higher number of flowers and the bigger and better the flowers are. So I am selecting for bigger growths if anything.

Yup - i was just being silly. Multi-florals are my absolute favorite. just no space

Yup - i was just being silly. Multi-florals are my absolute favorite. just no space
If you place the larger multiflorals on upside-down turned pots, you can make room for more, even on a window sill - and have a nice undergrowth of smaller plants beneath:20220626_090754.jpg20220626_090840.jpg

And as they say: the more, the merrier! 😁

Back