Paph anitum flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
Hi everyone. As you know by now that I love posting the whole documentation and process of my deflasking. I love going back to a thread and compare the plants from before and how it looks like now. I also hope that this can help someone who wants to try it for the first time. I think I will keep posting and updating all my deflasking as long as I can.

That being said, I would like to share to you guys the deflasking of my most favourite paph species. I have been looking for it for a long time and finally I got rewarded. So we will see 20 years from now.

The flask
7458533900_50fa86bab2_b.jpg

swimming
7458534026_5280e49f98_b.jpg

7458534176_7f2292b51c_b.jpg

sushi paph
7458534348_22df7e2be2_b.jpg

7458534506_eb877d47ed_b.jpg

7458534678_a61636b1df_b.jpg

7458535058_3c3527cb77_b.jpg

compots

7458535252_5d474d9f0f_b.jpg

7458535742_7fc99e1716_b.jpg

7458535594_9afbd5ed1e_b.jpg

Boy! You've got your work cut out for yourself! This is one of the slowest growing multis I have.

Yeah... What was I thinking. Oh well! Don't have to worry about about space for a while then. Maybe one or two clones will be exceptional and be a fast grower.

Good for you.

But I hope your seller is sure because there are lots of bullshits with anitum flasks... Too bad!

Good for you.

But I hope your seller is sure because there are lots of bullshits with anitum flasks... Too bad!

I agree. Its really hard as there is always a risk involve when buying flask as you have to grow them first to know what you got. However, I got this from a friend so I know that he is not going to screw me. That said we don't know where t came from. Anyway, I have a backup plan if this doesn't work out. :)

I would have waited for another 3 months before ex-planting - the plantlets seems small on the picture

I would have waited for another 3 months before ex-planting - the plantlets seems small on the picture

Hi Ditto, As you can see on the first picture. The flask was jumbled so there is now way I can leave it for 3 more months. All I can do now is wait and hope for the best. I hope they will adapt quickly. I will know one month from now.

Hi Ditto, As you can see on the first picture. The flask was jumbled so there is now way I can leave it for 3 more months. All I can do now is wait and hope for the best. I hope they will adapt quickly. I will know one month from now.

My flask did the same! No choice but to deflask as all the seedlings were covered with agar.

Paphman910

Yeah right on - I noticed that now -

I am hoping that it will be 5 years and at least one of them will bloom. In fact some of them are growing roots. 20 years might be an exaggeration on my part. But then again, they are known to be slow growers. :)

Latest posts

Back