Importing flasks to the US from Taiwan?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc6847

Reaction score
Hi! I'm considering importing from Hung Sheng Orchids from Taiwan since they're one of the few vendors that seem to have species that I'm interested in and one I think I can potentially reliably trust. What's the process for importing paph flasks besides the phyto certificate and a CITES form?

Hi! I'm considering importing from Hung Sheng Orchids from Taiwan since they're one of the few vendors that seem to have species that I'm interested in and one I think I can potentially reliably trust. What's the process for importing paph flasks besides the phyto certificate and a CITES form?
You'll need a Customs broker to clear the arrival.

You'll need a Customs broker to clear the arrival.
Is that true these days? It didn't used to be.

Working on a personal import permit from APHIS, I imported lots of plants and flasks without a broker. The shipper includes the necessary documents, attached your label to the package and ship by Express Mail. The package is directed to the nearest APHIS inspections station who does their thing, and if all is well, they Express Mail it onto you.

I can confirm that you do Not need a custom broker. You do have to get approval and paperwork from our government which you can apply for on line. They used to give you stickers that you would send to the importer. They would provide any additional paperwork you need on their end . At least this was the way a few years back.

For an easy work around, contact Ten Shin and ask from their Paph seedling and flasks. They work with Hung Sheng Orchids and will bring your order into the States when they attend a show. If there is a show near you that they are attending, you can pick up your order. If not Ten Shin will ship it.

I have ordered flasks and picked up at a show, and I have ordered seedlings which were shipped. Both ways worked out very well for me. Dealing with the direct imports was not for me at the time.

For an easy work around, contact Ten Shin and ask from their Paph seedling and flasks. They work with Hung Sheng Orchids and will bring your order into the States when they attend a show. If there is a show near you that they are attending, you can pick up your order. If not Ten Shin will ship it.

I have ordered flasks and picked up at a show, and I have ordered seedlings which were shipped. Both ways worked out very well for me. Dealing with the direct imports was not for me at the time.
Yes I can confirm this.

Latest posts

Back