Okay, I'm jinxing it.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good to know. :)
If anyone else feels adventurous, you could post bud pictures too. ;)

I'm too tired to bother at the moment, so I'll only update the callsoum:

252459.orig.jpg

Yay four buds. I think this is the best flowering paph on your collection yet.
Yup, unless I manage to coax my villosum into blooming (it has at the moment, six mature and un-bloomed fans, and two runts), I think this guy will hold the record for a looooong time. Only thing that's too bad is that is a stress induced blooming. Good thing though, is that the fourth new fan shows no sign of blooming, and I hope it'll grow a normal sized leaf before doing anything else.

I was a good girl today, and took some pictures of my Paphs in bud. :D

Here they are and we start with the cerveranum's spike, I mean bud :wink: :
252748.orig.jpg

Here's the robinsonii:
252747.orig.jpg

Here's the Ashburtoniae:
252750.orig.jpg

And here's a comparison between the size of the first flower of the callosum and the bud of the Ashburtoniae (the pouch of the call and the Ash bud are aligned, even though it doesn't look like it):
252749.orig.jpg

Ok, time to jinx some buds I think! Or rather, a bud; it's my little purpuratum which is planning to bloom again. :D

Here is how "far" it has gotten at the moment:

82204d1369141328-bud-watch-purpuratum-purpuratum6.jpg

Oh, and I think that MAYBE my helenae is planning something too; there's something emerging from the crown. It could just as well be a new leaf, but it hasn't done anything for a while on that fan so it seems a bit suspicious... But we'll see, it would be awesome if it IS going to bloom though. :D

Not too many days have passed since the previous photo was taken, but I figured I should update this thread during coming Saturdays instead. :)

This is how far it has gotten now (it's so straight forward when it comes to blooming my purpuratum; no hissy fits, no sulking in the crown for a month or two etc... me like):

257952.orig.jpg

Your old photos aren't visible anymore!
I know... The forum I posted them at, has a limited space for photos, so I had to delete some old ones to get room for new ones.

This is how far my good little purpuratum has gotten now:

258285.orig.jpg

It's sooo well behaved. Do the rest of you guys see this (talking to the rest of my Paphs)? THIS is what you're supposed to do when you're about to bloom, watch and learn. :D

Interesting to notice, I haven't given this guy any colder temperatures or dryer period... It's just a well behaved Paph.

258285.orig.jpg

It's sooo well behaved. Do the rest of you guys see this (talking to the rest of my Paphs)? THIS is what you're supposed to do when you're about to bloom, watch and learn. :D

Interesting to notice, I haven't given this guy any colder temperatures or dryer period... It's just a well behaved Paph.

:clap::clap::clap:

8986669282_ebe80b942d_o.jpg

I think that my lawrenceanum might be in low bud, but it's hard to tell. It would be great if it was, 'cause I've had a feeling it has been BS:ed for a while now, but refused to bloom so far. And if I'm lucky, I'll have my Phrag Green Hornet blooming this summer too. I really hope it's a bud on the way, and not a new leaf. :D

Latest posts

Back