Okay, I'm jinxing it.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like your plants are doing really well, congratulations. I am looking forward to a picture of an open bloom soon
Some of them are, some of them are not. I think one of the reasons for some of them declining so much in the beginning (except me being a new Paph owner), could've been a result from me feeding them too high concentrations of K-lite. The leaf loss I wrote about in some thread somewhere earlier, has slowed down/stopped since I flushed their pots and started feeding them lower concentrations of fertilizer.

But this guy, is a GOOD Paph. It hasn't brought me any problems so far and seems happy with my treatment of it. :D I need more Paphs like this. :wink:

Well, I'm kind of depressed at the moment, since it seems my Paphs are suffering form malnutrition, so it's good to have my purpuratum continuing with its bud regardless of everything going on around it.

9050246462_c4658cce0f_o.jpg

Alright, time to dredge up this thread again (since I'm not spamming the forum enough as it is :rollhappy: )!

I have, to my surprise, discovered two Paphs in low bud. I was prepared for no more Paph flowers for this year, since all the Paphs that flowered, or tried to, last year, are all working on new growths, and these aren't mature enough to produce any flowers.

It's my acmodontum that's in low bud. It had a spike when I got it last year, but that one blasted, and it hasn't really liked living with me. I think it might be on the road to recovery, since the fan that's going to bloom, has grown really well, and is larger than the two previous ones. Unfortunately, it will cost it these two fans, so as soon as the flower has opened, I'm snipping it.

The other one was a real surprise, since it's my urbanianum that I got this spring from Orchid Inn. Since it's NBS, I wasn't expecting anything from it till next year or something. So a very happy surprise there (my first Sam flower!). :)

And I might, might have a third Paph in low bud, but I don't dare write anything, in case it turn out to be something else. If, it is a bud, I'm going to be so freaking happy, I'll bounce around in my flat like a chinchilla on speed (no, I don't promote you feeding cute rodents with drugs, as a matter of fact, I don't think you should feed anything drugs, it's just a metaphor).

Pictures will come later, when I have something to photograph. :D

People who don't feed their chinchillas speed make me sick...

I'm in the same boat. Looking for sheaths, hoping what I think are sheaths aren't really new leaves. I could use some flowers in my life. It's been too long. Good luck to you

People who don't feed their chinchillas speed make me sick...

I'm in the same boat. Looking for sheaths, hoping what I think are sheaths aren't really new leaves. I could use some flowers in my life. It's been too long. Good luck to you
Bad Adam, no feeding chinchillas speed. :poke:

They're masters of getting your hope up, only to deflate it in the next couple of days. I think the one I haven't dared mention the ID of yet, is doing exactly this... Stupid Paph.

Oh, but maybe I'll get three Paph flowers, that's still awesome. :D

Good advice Eric!
Remember... the watch pot never boils .....
you've got too much time on your hands or not enough plants! :p

Hehe, but I like having Paphs on bloom, they're even more gorgeous then. And, yes, I'm too impatient. :p

What happened with this bud? I was looking forward to seeing the flower open.

Me too. What happened, Theresa?
My purpuratum? It got its very own thread in the photo section during the summer. :D

259712.orig.jpg

I really like my purpuratum, it has grown really well. After this flowering, it got two more fans, so maybe next year, there will be two flowers. :drool:

In comparison, the bud on my "henryanum" is actually quite ugly. It looks more and more like a beak! :rollhappy:

Another Paph bud discovered! It's like they're sneaking the up behind my back or something... It's my Ashburtoniae (insigne x barbatum), that's working on a bud. I'm thinking of cutting the stem as soon as the bud emerges from the crown, 'cause it will soon only have the growth that's about to flower and a start, left. I want it to grow some more fans, before I let it flower again.

Oh, now I do remember seeing this. It's a nice one -- glad it opened well.
Yeah, I only post pictures of buds here. As soon as they've opened, they get their own thread in the photo section.

No Paph, they're still in too low bud, but a Phrag. It's the small division of my Green Hornet that's been working on its spike for a while. Now, the first bud has appeared. Mommy's proud. :D

10097417056_b714e3f871_o.jpg

Just a bit of an update on two of my Paphs that are in bud at the moment, my wardii and my sukh. My urbanianum (from Sam) and my acmodontum are still with us, so I'll post pics of those buds later on.

Compared to last year, when my wardii tried to flower for the first time, it has been a very different experience so far this time around. The bud(s) lurked in the crown for ages, but when it(they) finally emerged, it's grown like clockwork. I'm thinking that the humidity levels were too low last year (my venustum was also struggling). I don't know if the wardii will make it this time around, but it looks much more hopeful at least.

This picture was taken yesterday:
267728.orig.jpg

Here's my sukh (I have no idea why these two gentlemen decided to go for double flowers...), picture taken just an hour or so ago:
267729.orig.jpg

And even if it's not a Paph, here's my beloved little Dendrobium normanbyense with its first three buds (I just love the spots!):
267727.orig.jpg

Latest posts

Back