Okay, I'm jinxing it.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. That's it! I'm a believer now. Never post flower until it's open :(
Sucks! Happened twice already. First was my superbiens. Then second casualty is wardii :)

epUBMl.jpg
Aww... :(
That's too bad. On the other hand, if it self pollinated, it might be all bad news, or?

My wardii is slowly but surely opening its bud, but holy moly, is it slow! It's the slowest of all the Paphs that has bloomed so far in my care, but I'll bet it won't keep the title for long. I have, after all, a bunch of bloomers lining up at the moment, where my venustum is the one with the most developed bud (it has stopped sulking and started to emerge from the fan now), behind is a bunch of appletonianum variants (cervernaum, hainanense, and robinsonii), my mastersianum, and my Ashburtoniae. I think most of them might bloom till Christmas or New Year considering the rate they are going at... :p

Damn, I don't really want her to do that.

I have no use for the capsule so it's a waste to me and will snip it off. It's such a shame because its a huge flower and that one hasn't really developed fully yet. It could have been bigger.

On a side note. Two growths are in sheath and flower bud. But here I am again probably jinxing it.

Yes, Paphman got this as a flask years ago. The cross is vigorous. It matures a growth in just one season. This plant have bloomed 3x this year so far. And have a couple of more sheaths to come.

Here is AWOO clone. The plant came pretty damn close to the parent.

wardii-AWOO-AM.jpg

and magnifico

wardii-Magnifico-AM.jpg

Damn, I don't really want her to do that.

I have no use for the capsule so it's a waste to me and will snip it off. It's such a shame because its a huge flower and that one hasn't really developed fully yet. It could have been bigger.

On a side note. Two growths are in sheath and flower bud. But here I am again probably jinxing it.
That really sucks. :(
Especially if you've looked forward to see the flower (and I wanted to see it too). Lucky you, you have more Paphs than I do so you always have several of them in bloom I guess. ;)

We'll just pretend we didn't read that so it's not jinxed just yet. ;)

Yes, Paphman got this as a flask years ago. The cross is vigorous. It matures a growth in just one season. This plant have bloomed 3x this year so far. And have a couple of more sheaths to come.

Here is AWOO clone. The plant came pretty damn close to the parent.

wardii-AWOO-AM.jpg

and magnifico

wardii-Magnifico-AM.jpg
Wow! That's one vigorous clone! I'm very jealous of you. :sob:

This is my wardii at the moment. I think it's going to be slightly deformed if the right petal is anything to judge by.

8044243528_07ec46815c_z.jpg

And here is the other guy I'm jinxing by showing this picture, my little venustum. :p
8044244318_093aa61df8_z.jpg

This is my wardii at the moment. I think it's going to be slightly deformed if the right petal is anything to judge by.

8044243528_07ec46815c_z.jpg

And here is the other guy I'm jinxing by showing this picture, my little venustum. :p
8044244318_093aa61df8_z.jpg

Oh no you didn't!

Yes he bud dropping was a major bummer. Oh well Maybe next time! :)

I did! :rollhappy:

Yes, it seems as your clone is very vigorous so getting it to bloom again shouldn't be a problem. *glares at own wardii*

This is why I don't post bud photos. I always end up having the bud damaged or blasted. Now I wait for the flower to be opened before posting.

Okay, so far; jinx - 2, Mutant - 0.

My wardii was on the cusp of opening its flower when it blasted. I'm not surprised though, since it hasn't grown particularly smoothly, but rather in fits and starts. I had hoped though, since it had gotten so far, that it would manage to bloom, but no such luck.

Let's see if the jinx will take my venustum as well, although this guy's spike is growing much, much better.

I've never bloomed a wardii either -same experience always blasts just when you think you can get excited!

It is true though that if your paying too much attention to a bloom you're bound to do something it doesn't want -over water, mist, knock the bud and break it off (omg I've done that so many frigging times).

Just hang in there and be patient!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

You people are crazy
:rollhappy: :clap: sorry guys, have to agree with Rick but being crazy obsessed with orchids is a good thing!

...It is true though that if your paying too much attention to a bloom you're bound to do something it doesn't want -over water, mist, knock the bud and break it off (omg I've done that so many frigging times).
so so true!
......I have no use for the capsule so it's a waste to me and will snip it off. It's such a shame because its a huge flower and that one hasn't really developed fully yet....
Might be a waste to you but consider donating it to Try Meyer's Conservatory, species are their thing!

Don't you know how jinxes work? Stop talking about the plants.
I'm challenging it! :evil: Come on you stupid jinx! Give it your best shot! And BAM! All of my Paphs simultaneously imploded... :rollhappy:

I've never bloomed a wardii either -same experience always blasts just when you think you can get excited!

It is true though that if your paying too much attention to a bloom you're bound to do something it doesn't want -over water, mist, knock the bud and break it off (omg I've done that so many frigging times).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
To be honest, I think it this wardii was too weak to manage to bloom (first flower and all). If next flower blasts too, then I'll know I either don't have a hand with wardii, or I have a finicky clone.

I cared too much about my Maudiae 'Schwartze Madonna' and over watered it, but not this guy I think.

Back