my best concolor striatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpaphio

Reaction score
golden%20moon29Mar16_zps4vfafkvf.jpg

golden%20moon2%2029Mar16_zpsxt5m0ufb.jpg

golden%20moon3%2029Mar16_zpsvzesfdhc.jpg

I've had it for many years but still have only one growth, one year per single growth!!!

Very nice one with an impressive dorsal!
It is interesting that the leaves are without any pattern.

Very nice one with an impressive dorsal!
It is interesting that the leaves are without any pattern.

I find that curious too. Are all striatums without leaf patterns? I don't think so.
Weerawat,
Do you have other striatums you could show us? Plants and/or flowers?

I find that curious too. Are all striatums without leaf patterns? I don't think so.
Weerawat,
Do you have other striatums you could show us? Plants and/or flowers?

_zpsk569myoi.jpg

Hello SlipperKing, These are some example of wild striatum leaves,
they have a lot variation in nature.

And please don't strip the jungles of complete colonies if you are just going to kill them!!! Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Love the cultivar, but the shot of that bin of ecovars (native species from in situ) really disturbs me.

When my staff, students and volunteers did tallgrass prairies seed colkection we only took about 1/5th of the seed and always left the parent plants. Even that is problematic is several government departments and non profits did the same thing.

That wholesale harvesting of entire plant communities is simple profiteering by local collectors and nurseries.
The sale of Those plants should be banned outright.

It does give me cause to wonder if I inadvertantly support the trade through my collection of hybrids. For that reason I do not buy from overseas sources.

Latest posts

Back