Paph.micranthum 11 buds/flrs on 10 inflorescences

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best blooming of this ~40-growth plant yet: eleven flowers/buds on ten inflorescences; one inflorescence is double-flowered. Haven't seen that before on micranthum, though the 50+ growth armeniacum has done it a couple of times. Growing in a 10" wire basket in a fine bark mix with a bit of oystershell. Grown cool in cattleya light, kept moist year round.
Incredible! I’m just trying to keep mine alive another year. What are your winter lows?

Incredible! I’m just trying to keep mine alive another year. What are your winter lows?
I try to keep the cool area in the mid to lower 50sF at night and it's usually 65-70F during the day.

Congrats on the amazing culture! I have a var eburneum that I purchased with a second bud on the spike. In my windowsill conditions it did not develop, and has never repeated the phenomenon, but I’ve always figured a superbly grown specimen could be capable of 2 flowers on a spike. Great growing!

Latest posts

Back