kovachii spiking??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ed, I just wonder if it would prefer to grow cooler. Yes, it is the tropics, but it grows way up in the mountains where it is cooler. Jerry Fischer at Orchids Ltd told me early on to be sure to grow them cool, and that's what I have done, and they do seem to like it. That colour in the dorsal just strikes me as possibly being temperature related. By the way it is also very windy where it grows, not that we can do much about that..!

There are now two buds behind the open flower --will these just blast or continue after the first bloom fades. Not possible to grow cooler unless I grow outside!!

Ed

the dorsal seems to come out brownish on many clones...you should be proud of this one. also agree they prefer cool conditions

Judging isn't everything. Grow it big for your pleasure. :)

I agree Eric. The second bud has started to open but a small 3rd bud got rid of itself when the 2nd bud began to open. Will post a pic to compare to its other bloom---- I expect it will be identical!!

Ed

2nd bud opened today. Should improve (or not !! ) over the next few days. very pleased though.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC00604.JPG
    DSC00604.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 34
Nice! Has the first flower fallen yet of can it carry two at once?

I doubt that it can carry two open flowers on the single stem it produces. The 1st bloom was looking wafer thin so I cut it off and the second opened two days later. I think if I hadn't removed the flower I would still have a bud. I also think by removing the flower it stimulated the 2nd bud to burst forth!!

Ed

Latest posts

Back