kovachii spiking??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
There's so much work involved in making these timelapse videos, I stopped after that winter. 24 hour a day worries..! The video was created from over 16,000 shots.
Kelly's Korner sells a unit that make time lapse sequences, you set it in place and "Voila!" it's about $60 US. :)

Well the day has arrived. The bud opened yesterday and I took the pics this morning' The span on the flower is a little under 17cms so I'm hoping it will grow a bit more in the next couple of days' I like it -- hope you do --- but can stand any not so good comments you may have.

Ed.

Attachments

• DSC00580.JPG
    DSC00580.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 70
That is beautiful! Worth the wait. I don't care for any of the Pk hybrids but the species itself is wonderful! Thanks for posting Ed. :clap:

Well the day has arrived. The bud opened yesterday and I took the pics this morning' The span on the flower is a little under 17cms so I'm hoping it will grow a bit more in the next couple of days' I like it -- hope you do --- but can stand any not so good comments you may have.

Ed.

It should continue to grow for the first two weeks. Please keep us updated..!

That is beautiful! Worth the wait. I don't care for any of the Pk hybrids but the species itself is wonderful! Thanks for posting Ed. :clap:

But have you seen that posting by Robert of the Hayley Decker x fischeri..? I agree to a large degree with the sentiment, the kovachii shape doesn't work well in so many crosses, but I think that one is stunning. Maybe it is the 2nd generation of the PK crosses we have to watch for..?

I think it is lovely, and totally agree with NYEric!
Congratulations. You have now joined the very exclusive club of those who have bloomed a Pk in captivity. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back