kovachii spiking??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phraggy

Reaction score
I know I have posted this plant earlier in the week but one member thought this could be spiking. So I thought I would post another pic of the ' spike'. Do you think that this kovachii could be close to blooming???

bit excited Ed.

Attachments

• DSC00419.JPG
    DSC00419.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 223
Yes for sure. Looks like a well grown plant too!

EYOF told me that theirs flower in Sept. Ours in California are about the same. So looks as if everyone is on track.

kovachii are slow to progress when small, but it seems like adult plants bloom once a year, which is awesome.

JC

I know I have posted this plant earlier in the week but one member thought this could be spiking. So I thought I would post another pic of the ' spike'. Do you think that this kovachii could be close to blooming???

bit excited Ed.

Yes, could be, but sorry, I don't like its foliar pattern. I think it has some problem with heat or light, maybe roots. You can see its flower, but recovery will be very long, if any.

Coming along nicely! 'Looking forward to the bloom pics. Look at all those new growths! That's going to be a big, hefty plant one day in the not to distant future!

Thanks for all your nice comments. I will post a pic every ten days providing all goes well.
The plant has now five new growths.
Ed

Hi Bjorn. I got the plant via the EYOF which had one growth which had previously flowered and one more growth around 4" in height. It has grown very fast, not only to get to this stage but, as I've stated, it has put forth another 5 growths. So this plant is really pleasing me!!

Ed

That is a big pro to get an established plant like you did. Getting them from Peru strains them and may cause them to sulk for a while (might be years:p)
Envy you that one Ed lets hope it continoues like this:D

Latest posts

Back