kovachii spiking??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised a pic of ten days on.All seems to be growing very quickly and I have placed a pic of the new growths.

Attachments

• DSC00459-001.JPG
    DSC00459-001.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00460-001.JPG
    DSC00460-001.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 117
Yes, looking very good. Is this plant still in the same mix as it was when you got it from the EYOF or the middle man who got it for you? What is it planted in and have you seen new roots?

It came from EYOF ina smaller pot in rockwool. After it got a little used to being in my conditions I repotted in a larger pot. I am not a lover of rockwool but I didn't disturb the roots I just backfilled it with 9mm-12mm orchiata. At some stage ( probably the next pot ) I will remove the rockwool and just use the bark. My feeding regime is a small amount of calcium nitrate
(one tsp per 2 gallons) with 2tbsp of liquid seaweed every week but with a good flushing of fresh water twice between feeds. The roots were fine at the last repot so I expect they are still OK considering the new growths. Thanks for all the comments and questions,
Ed

That spike looks gorgeous - thick like a little finger?
I don't like kovachi-flowers usually, but this plant is simply adorable!

Wow, three new growths and a spike, congrats on such a healthy plant! I'm looking forward to seeing the flower!

Now Six new growths on the plant. Here are two views ' front and back'
Ed

Attachments

• DSC00486.JPG
    DSC00486.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 63
Awesome! That beast is happy. Let's see each growth worth about $200...well that sure adds up to a nifty sum.

Latest posts

Back