How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an early summer hear....in the 70's. Soon we'll have summer year round!!! :clap:

I brought my Phrags in and put them under the seedling lights but soon I'll have to kick them out as I will need to start seedlings(veggies) in about two weeks.:evil:

We had a shower this morn. Sun & clouds high 55+/-. I saw a honey bee & have daffadils growing about 2 inches out of the ground now..

Weather there is fact to this or not,
years ago, the blame for lack of snakes in this area, was due to a warm winter.
Followed by the normal cold.
Some say, the snakes came out of hybernation, then could not go back, before the real winter temps killed them off. Just saying.

House wrens are building nest in typical tree next door. Weird.

Seems the birds and bees are active.

I'm loving this winter....we get a little snow and then it's gone within a day or two. The temps have for the most part been above freezing. There are still golf courses open here....in Ontario.....in February! (although I won't play until at least the end of March) It's also nice to take plants to orchid meetings and not have to worry too much about having them all bundled up! :clap:

At the moment were going below -20C
and they are calling for more not really snow so no cover for the orchids.

Feels like spring - low 50's & sunny, who needs a ground hog to tell us there will be an early spring!:p

It's +7c, sunny and breezy here today...more like spring than February! :clap:

I still think we're going to pay for this beautiful weather before winter is officially over. Hope I'm wrong but......:wink:

I just wanted to thank Wendy for that wonderful bug on my screen... I had to smack my screen before I found out the truth.... So on behalf of my mac and my knuckles... THANK YOU!!!!

Sunny and 75 out... Whats new?

I just wanted to thank Wendy for that wonderful bug on my screen... I had to smack my screen before I found out the truth.... So on behalf of my mac and my knuckles... THANK YOU!!!!

That's too funny!!! :rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

Well we're finally supposed to get a WINTER storm tonight....we'll see if the powers that be predicted correctly. Hopefully they are wrong, but I sure can't complain if we do get hammered. This has been a great winter so I won't get upset by one or two storms before spring is officially here.

Our snow is gone and they are calling for + 15C on the weeked in some parts of germany it is terrible

There's a good coat of snow here and few rodents to eat for three young stray cats that live in a hole in the foundation of my house. So I feed them until the snow melts. It's amazing how fast they gobble up the food left on the front porch. Needless to say, I haven't gotten any mice or rats in the basement this winter...:evil: But I can smell a skunk somewhere.:eek:

In the last days of summer, we finally have some warm temperatures (31oC today). It has been the coolest, cloudiest summer I can remember. Despite this, my Paphs have never grown so well.

We've got 4 days in a row of 34 comming up. But you're right about it being much cooler this year and last. At the start of the year I remember them saying that La Ninia was breaking up?

We've got 4 days in a row of 34 comming up. But you're right about it being much cooler this year and last. At the start of the year I remember them saying that La Ninia was breaking up?

I heard the opposite. The summer has gone as predicted. It has been tough deciding when to water. I like to water on sunny days but I have mostly had to water under heavily overcast skies. The water never dry's before sunset.

Obviously a bit hotter where you are. Tomorrow is 32oc here then back to 29oC.

Well so far the BIG storm :rollhappy: has been pretty dismal. We have a dusting of wet snow but not much more. It's not officially over until this afternoon though so maybe the worst is yet to come........

Back