How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 4º F here last night, and is supposed to be similarly cold tonight. When I went into the greenhouse last night, I saw the low was 49º instead of the 55º it was supposed to be. I turned the second heater on for tonight!

Cold, cold, cold and colder.:eek:
But the good news is lots of phrags are spiking and many for the first time because of the colder nights . :)

2 days -8 without snow, and now 2 days with snow and around 0C
now its starting to rain again and it is +2C.

Terrible wheather.

Well we're finally got snow...not much but at least the ground is covered. It's -13c but nice and sunny today. The temps are supposed to jump back above freezing though starting tomorrow so this bit of snow will probably vanish. I could take conditions like this every winter. :clap:

I feel bad for you guys out west who are getting the REALLY cold stuff. That must be miserable.

Rained like crazy last night. First rain since October, IIRC. Expect mudslides.

Weathermen are wondering about just how wet it'll be for the 49rs game on Sunday when we'll kick some New York butt.

This morning the first wildflowers are blooming, Lupines, Poppies and Mustard.
Looks like spring is coming a few weeks early this year.

I saw some desert wildflowers along the road between kingman az and the hoover dam (near las vegas) the other week; a yellow aster-related plant, a yellow brittlebush just going out of flower and a deer vetch (two different areas; first two were more common). the first flower was in many roadside ditches; they have had more rain a few weeks ago, enough to start some things out but in other spots it's still too cold at nights for flowering (these spots have slightly lower elevation)

My Bletilla striata ( it grows next to foundation of house), is pushing shoots.
It gets the least amount of sun, of all the garden items.

No ice on the creek down the block, have wading birds and kingfisher feeding at shoreline.

Almost jogged in shorts today.

My Bletilla striata ( it grows next to foundation of house), is pushing shoots.
It gets the least amount of sun, of all the garden items.

No ice on the creek down the block, have wading birds and kingfisher feeding at shoreline.

Almost jogged in shorts today.

We need a picutre of you in shorts :D

It's chinooking here today, +5C, we hardly have any snow left, unusual for this time of year. This warm temperature trend forecast to continue for a while. Yay! :D

Shiva - how cold are your Phrags getting?
I'm getting some spikes on a couple Neos. But I've been bringing the Phrag in, when I think about it. It hasn't been out in the 30's but has been in the 40's, which I think is a bit low, although it looks okay. It's struggled a bit since I got it but not dead yet. :)

Dido- it will be a while. Perhaps on another website...

Forgot to add, have been putting my Neos outside.

Tell me which forum:D

Its a little snow again and around -5C again at night and around +2C on the day, was sunny yesterday and today.
At least the Cyps stopped growth.
My Aplectrum looks terrible about this wheather :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
63F and Sunny!
Hahahhahahhahahhahahhahahaahhahhahahaahaahahahhahhaha!!! I had encounters with a bee and a mosquito yesterday!
Either the late end of this winter will be brutal or when temps rise the 70+/- degrees diff in summer it will be 133F! Wheeeeee! :crazy:

Latest posts

Back