How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temp's the other day were single digit with wind chill well below 0. Then it warmed up to around 35 with a dusting of sleet/snow. That has pretty much melted with warmer temps yesterday & last night. Today the temps are starting to drop in the 20s with snow showers & very windy.

Brrrrrr....-7c + windchill this morning. We got high winds and a bit of snow to bring in this cold front last night. The grass is still very visible though. :clap: By Sunday we're forecast to go above freezing again....for most or all of next week. Freaky weather for January. Not that I mind though. :D

I still think we're going to get slammed in February to pay for all this 'warm' weather. :(

We're frozen here in the prairies. Should start to get better on Friday and back to single digits.

seattle officially received 4 inches but towns south of olympia received 20 inches...we missed the brunt of it...but with all our hills ...very few people are out on the roads
should all melt tomorrow

Year over year, our energy bill showed a significant difference last month.
Still wish we were wearing shorts and a polo right now.

Its 75 during the day and 45 at nights. We have the windows open with the heater on. :rollhappy:

I wouldn't mind a winter like that, keith.
It has been so mild here (except for a couple of nights this week) that my Cyms are doing absolutely nothing - I think I should have been putting them in the fridge at night!

Fairly warm winter so far with some night lows getting to the low 20's or high teens. Usually its just shy of freezing at night between the cold fronts coming through (about once a week). Day highs in the 40's and 50's. It's nice when the suns out, but its only sunny about 1/2 the time.

I actually just had my lowest December/January electric bill of ~$300. I put my wet pad sump pump on a humidistat with the fogger and set it for 70% RH. Now most of the time the heaters aren't fighting with the evaporative cooling effects of the wet pad, and the sump warms up the well water a bit before it goes to the wet pad.

Dear Western/Central Canada,
I am sorry you're temperatures are bitterly cold. I am sorry Vancouver has snow.
Thank you however, for keeping me safe from this weather.
I will complain I am cold only once today in your honour.

so seattle, got a layer of freezing rain that iced over the four inches we had...then it snowed two more inches this morning...but now drier warmer air is moving in and should get into mid 30's tonite...and my GH roof almost caved in...new design

so seattle, got a layer of freezing rain that iced over the four inches we had...then it snowed two more inches this morning...but now drier warmer air is moving in and should get into mid 30's tonite...and my GH roof almost caved in...new design

South of the city near the airport we had 8 inches of snow, followed by a lovely spell of freezing rain, then more snow. Trees are falling down and power lines are falling too.....Around 300,000 people without power. I had an 8 ft tall and 8ft wide rhododendren fall over today as the temperatures start to rise. What a mess.....Our power has gone out around 10 times in the last 2 days.

South of the city near the airport we had 8 inches of snow, followed by a lovely spell of freezing rain, then more snow. Trees are falling down and power lines are falling too.....Around 300,000 people without power. I had an 8 ft tall and 8ft wide rhododendren fall over today as the temperatures start to rise. What a mess.....Our power has gone out around 10 times in the last 2 days.

and the rains are coming

Latest posts

Back