How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well so far the BIG storm :rollhappy: has been pretty dismal. We have a dusting of wet snow but not much more. It's not officially over until this afternoon though so maybe the worst is yet to come........

We are the ones that got it, Wendy -- a little over 6" of heavy wet stuff!

I don't envy you having to shovel that stuff Dot. We got an inch of fine powdery snow last night...that's easy to clear. It will all be gone within a couple days again too as the temps are already on the rise.

After 3 warm sunny days in a row, it is back to rain and cloud. They are saying it could be the highest rainfall in 30 years over the next two days. Massive floods etc. We had big floods a couple of years back so if it is bigger than that it will be horrendous. But then these are only predictions, which are often wrong.

A rare thunderstorm came through last night and tons of rain.... Clear today but not for long.... another storm is on its way.

They are calling for snow, about 6" for my area with a mix of freezing rain/rain starting late this afternoon & into tomorrow..

Typical Ohio winter here. Sunny sky,cloudy sky, snow then rain, rinse and repeat..........

Well, the snow started around 10 PM last night and it looks like we've gotten about six inches so far. It's kind of hard to get a good reading on the amount because the wind is blowing real hard, causing the snow to drift. NOAA is predicting another 3 to 7 inches today. Not too bad....could have been worse.

Zone 7.
Crocosmia shoots are about an inch out of ground. Garden bed is elevated about 16" above grade, away from foundation of house. :crazy:
Daffondils are somewhat past prime.

Zone 7.
Crocosmia shoots are about an inch out of ground. Garden bed is elevated about 16" above grade, away from foundation of house. :crazy:
Daffondils are somewhat past prime.

I am envious. I will start Crocosmia in the house in April or May and then transplant them outside once it stops snowing, maybe in June if we're lucky. :p My dream is to live in Zone 7. Or higher.

It looks like spring is slowly moving in. Looking forward to night temperatures over 10C. :)

Latest posts

Back