How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am envious. I will start Crocosmia in the house in April or May and then transplant them outside once it stops snowing, maybe in June if we're lucky. :p My dream is to live in Zone 7. Or higher.

Don't be. When I bring the 'chids in during the fall, we are chasing stinkbugs around the house for a week. It was not like this five years ago.

I can't believe that a few days ago it was nearly 80F degrees and tomorrow night it may very well be under 20F.... :confused:

though the cooler temps mean that I won't have to be running around like mad watering everything in sight day after day at the greenhouses at work... my new guinea impatiens have some brown spots on the leaves from getting too dry and wilting! ... that shouldn't be happening this time of year

We've been well above freezing lately....28c last Thursday! Now it is dropping back to just below freezing for a few hours overnight and about 7c during the day. I'm not complaining though....I can just put on a sweater to get out and golf. Winter is finally over!!!!! :clap:

OMG all the tornadoes in Texas!!! Hope our members are OK, thoughts & prayers are with you!

A bit dry in my neck of the woods.
Can't believe we are watering the bog garden so much already.

A bit dry in my neck of the woods.
Can't believe we are watering the bog garden so much already.

Let me send you some snow; it will provide lovely moisture as it melts. :p

We had a huge dump of snow at our place on Thursday, I figure about 6", though as officially recorded at our airport there was only 3 cm. It's melting like crazy now though and I'm pleased that our rain barrels are now filling up -first rain/snow melt of the year...

Had a dozen robins in the yard over the last couple of days stripping the berries of our Mountain Ash tree. Spring is here. :)

Today till call for -7C again, and nearly all is in growth,
so hope the damage will not be that hard

Have to take a raincheck on that one, Joanne. :)
Planting the Canna(s) today, in shorts and a T-shirt.

Bone dry! For the first time in 15 years, no flooding whatsoever this spring. They're forecasting rain in the coming days but the quantities seem very low. Otherwise it's on the cool side.

today's forecast was cloudy/63F and showers. tomorrow possible thunderstorms high of 83F ???? and then tuesday high of ? 50F. crazy weather; luckily at the moment we are not where tornados are

We had some nice, needed rains, just after the latest freeze (28ºF) which killed the remaining fruit tree buds in Michigan. But we are supposed to warm up this week.

Woo hoo! It's sunscreen weather here this weekend; supposed to get to +25C today.

On a sidenote, I noticed yesterday that my cyps are starting to poke up...

Spring has sprung!

(Although I know in the back of my mind, another snow storm before the end of May is always entirely possibly here...I won't dwell on that though).

Latest posts

Back