How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We started out with some rain in the afternoon, then got some more rain...then got more rain. I have a bucket in the kitchen, but the drip seems to have stopped. Meanwhile, the temps have gone up steadily all day...55 the last time I checked. Last year at this time we were sealed in by mountains of snow.

A winter storm is starting to blow in here tonight. Winter is finally on it's way. Wind chills in the -30 C's forecast for the upcoming week. :sob:

This night we had -8C
so I can stop with my Ice pacs for Cyp Formosanum.

Hope my Tree Paeo nia will all survive, the first started to grow

It went down to -30°C this morning. We had a sprinkle of snow over the last few days, about 20cm. :)

After our fantastic daytime temps of 55 Tues & Wed, normal January came across the midwest. Thurs as temps dropped into the 20's snow arrived, all day but only amounted to maybe 4". Weekend night low's were predicted to be in the single digits but we only saw 10 & 14 F. Monday is suppose to bring us 40F! Only in the midwest!

It's very cold here right now....-13c....but we still have only a dusting of snow :clap: and the temps are supposed to rise to above freezing again this week. In fact most of the long range forecast shows Jan days to be above freezing with only a few dipping below. It makes winter much easier to take with no snow and 'warm' temps. I bet we make up for it with a few dandy storms in February though. :sob:

It's very cold here right now....-13c....but we still have only a dusting of snow :clap: and the temps are supposed to rise to above freezing again this week. In fact most of the long range forecast shows Jan days to be above freezing with only a few dipping below. It makes winter much easier to take with no snow and 'warm' temps. I bet we make up for it with a few dandy storms in February though. :sob:

Are you still golfing Wendy? (ok, maybe no golf today!)

Its cold. But at least its sunny:)

Winter still needs to show itself over here. A handfull of nights since october were the temperature went below 0 degrees celcius but for the rest it's still fall over here.

seattle..well, seattle.is in the background..the foreground is on the other side of Lake washington
400537_10150520400555139_688150138_8716121_1731895448_n.jpg

Are you still golfing Wendy? (ok, maybe no golf today!)

Its cold. But at least its sunny:)

Nope...no golf until at least the end of March at the earliest. Courses close for the winter. I've been to the local golf simulator place a few times but that's not nearly as good as the real thing.

-28C with -36 C windchill right now at 10 pm and dropping. :( Didn't get much of a turnout for our orchid society meeting tonight; can't say I blame anybody...kack.

We had two nights now in a row were we got negative numbers during the night ( Celcius of course ). Even had to remove ice from the car windows in the morning.

Did anyone see the temp in the south of europe.

biothanasis are you still warm or nearly frozen

Latest posts

Back