happiness is to have this.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although the large hand has flowered already, it has started a new growth. That is the most important, as it often happens that a paph flowers and then sulks for a couple of years before starting a new growth. This new growth should mature over the next year and flower again for you (a lot faster than a plant from flask by a long way). When I buy a paph, the presence of one or two new growths starting is often what sways me over one that does not show any signs of new growth.
Your plants all look very healthy, congratulations (also a nice selection)

I present to you my new baby ,Sanderianum and Michael Koopovitz,I put two sticks in the sand…pot because the plant was a bit twist ,I hate see plant retort.
leaf span of the sanderianum is 20cm while the longest leaf of the Michael Koopovitz is 12 cm.
Sanderianum haven't a good root system ,I found in the pot three piece of dry root ,they stay in the pot like mix :):).but fortunately I have seen same new root at the base of the plant.
while Michael Koopovitz even though is a tiny plant have good roots.
Now I am happy because have finally my Sanderianum .
I have repot sanderianum ,the queen was in a pot with 10 cm of diameter for 6 cm high now I used a pot of 16cm of diameter and high 12.
while MKoopovitz was in a pot of 8cm of diameter x 6 cm high for him new pot is 12cm diameter x 13cm high …..
I used a mix made of pomice rock,bark,a bit of sphagnum and marble detritus for both.
any suggestion is well-received.
bye bye,Anna
glfm.jpg
[/URL]
gey5.jpg
[/URL]

8lzz.jpg
[/URL]

It looks like one of those hunting bugs I always see around here. They hunt and eat flies, mosquitoes, and bees. We always called them 'mosquito eaters'. Nice plants by the way! They look well grown.

Yesterday I have got new addition from roellke orchideen .
paph' philippinense roebelenii and palawanense.
the two plants have both a good root system.
tzyf.jpg
but I noticed on the palawanense a spot into the middle of the fan ,please tell me what is ,if I have to worry or not.
f0s5q.jpg

2n2y.jpg

it's the beginning of a rot, or cell damage from shipping or repotting. i would spray with with a copper or sulpher spray, and keep that spot dry. hopefully it will just dry out and the spot will die without spreadng.

sprinkling some cinnamon on it may help as well.

I agree with Justin about the markings Anna. It might be a start of an infection. Erwinia I think. Can you smell it?

What is the croutons in your potting mix?

it's the beginning of a rot, or cell damage from shipping or repotting. i would spray with with a copper or sulpher spray, and keep that spot dry. hopefully it will just dry out and the spot will die without spreadng.

sprinkling some cinnamon on it may help as well.
thanks justin,I hope that you're wrong on it, but me too have thought so ,now I try the same your suggestions. and as last option I could cut away the leaf or is for you better waiting how evolves the situation?Hamletic indecision.
But if the cell of the plant is damaged from paper or another factors ,what change at the end? is it the same thing ?and the final is luckless as erwinia infection ?
Damn sometimes need just a little to damage the tissues also .
I was so happy for these two guy and I wouldn't miss neither.
Bye,Anna

More plants, very good!! And growing in my favorite spot, the kitchen. :D

Eric when I buy a new plants ,before they arrive in my home I already think at new purchased .
fortunately I have not much space in my house so my ambition are confined :(:( and in addition my husband often say stopping.:(:(:(

don't cut the leaf off yet. dust the area with cinnamon or a spray like i mentioned then just watch it.

ideally that patch will dry out and turn brown, but not spread any further.

Sorry, I have to disagree, it is not necessarily turning into erwinia and its like. To me it seems to be just a watery (oedema??) spot, that may or may not disappear - or turn into something nasty. Wait and see. If it turns yellow or brown, then action is necessary. No problem to dust it now though.
B

Looks like simple mechanical damage, I defer to the advice of the gentleman above.
Tell your husband that more plants mean more oxygen = longer life for men! :)

Latest posts

Back