happiness is to have this.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric when I buy a new plants ,before they arrive in my home I already think at new purchased .
fortunately I have not much space in my house so my ambition are confined :(:( and in addition my husband often say stopping.:(:(:(

:) on of my fellow cnyos club members buys many orchids; her husband says 'stop' but she can't help herself and keeps on buying. May be good you don't have lots of space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks to all ,I don't cut any leaf for now ,the situation seem stable ,anyway I will share with you the evolution of my phil palawense. and I hope that was as said Eric a mechanical damage and nothing else.
Bye and compliments from Anna.

Bad news,the spot on the palawense is more big and yellow I slighted pulled the leaf and this is remain in my hand,I smell it like eggshells said and it smell like putrid and vinegar so I think is Erwinia infection.I threw away everything in the garbage,can I reuse the mix at least? or not?
I am so sad but I think that I have no blames of was happened,when I open the package like I show you the spot was there.:(
Anna

Can you send photos to the seller? Maybe he will send a replacement or a credit for the next order. The worst thing that can happen now is that he doesn't reply.

How far had it spread? The plant lookd healthy overall. i would have cut the infected part out and let the plant recover.

Can you send photos to the seller? Maybe he will send a replacement or a credit for the next order. The worst thing that can happen now is that he doesn't reply.
no I don't ask anything, first because this is a gift of Lutz so I have no paid it .him gifted palawense to apologise for the long wait.very long wait. sad story born above a bad star.:sob::sob::sob:

Did you pull off the leaf or throw the whole plant away?
:eek:
I gently pulled the little leaf in the center of the fan and it came away ,the leaf where there is the spot has not to do.the little leaf was rot at the base ,I smell it and it was tremendous .
bye and thanks,Anna

Admittedly, I prefer phrags over paphs. My paph preference tends to go more for the parvis and multiflorals, though. In terms of paph multies, I'd like to get my hands on a few more sanderianum hybrids and anitum/adductum hybrids. I've shied away from those, though, since they tend to be way more expensive than average and harder to find than most paphs.

I would just keep an eye on the other plants that were in the box for funny spots and keep them where there is some air movement to prevent water collecting. Bacteria needs water keep going. With plant diseases in general. If concerned could spray them with some diluted peroxide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks to all,
I would like to ask you a question, what does means adult plant?
I paid this philippinense as adult plant but i think that 23cm of leaf span is a bit scarce for define it as adult plant (more so if one considers that allowedly phil. is a big plant). am I wrong?
(all goes wrong ,I hope at least that It is roebelenii type,like seller tell me)
anyway also if the measure isn't big the plant is strong and is doing very well so far.
Anna:D:(

Good question.

This is probably over-simplified, but to me a mature plant is either one that is ready to spike, or has more than one growth.

Good question.

This is probably over-simplified, but to me a mature plant is either one that is ready to spike, or has more than one growth.

I'm agree ,I think that is close to the definition of adult plant.

Latest posts

Back