Deep Cut Orchid Show '10

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hydropononic dealer had starter kits, but were double the price of another vendor.

Clark,
Regarding about the hydroponic, from what we have discussed, I think it's $24for 2 starter kits. So it would it be around $13 for a starter kit which is about the same price of Ray's. So you buy 2 and save $2. Hope this helps.

Eric

To me, this show has gone south the last 2 years.
This might be the first show ever that one could not buy bark, fertilizer, supplies.
The hydropononic dealer had starter kits, but were double the price of another vendor.
For anybody else- did it look like the show was 1/3 smaller than '08?

I didn't go in 08, but it certainly wasn't as good as last year. I was also suprised that you couldn't get supplies.
I was looking at that lowii alba that NY Eric bought, but it was too pricy for me. I did pick up a hopefully nice Mt. Low from Piping Rock though.

Bill

The Garden Center had bark and fertilizers.
P2060192.jpg

P2060190.jpg

P2060186.jpg

P2060184.jpg

P2060182.jpg

I looked at the price of bark from garden center- it was marked 'bend over'.
Bent over there once, threw about 1/2 of the bag away.
Dearborn is a orchid place for a week. When this round of supply runs out, reorder doesn't happen until next year. The bag I bought was full of dust. effem.

:clap:Thanks for the pix, might of been a small show but certainly didn't lack nice plants!

Back