Chicagoland Orchid Featival.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chicagoland festival

hi guys,

any pictures for the addicted people that couldn't be there ?
happy orchid growing from Northern Thailand
cliokchi :wink::wink:

Sorry - No pix from my end, things were pretty busy for most of the three days; maybe JimB or Paphreek took some? Nick (Tibeticum) also had a camera, but he hasn't logged on here for quite a while. Goldenrose also has taken photos in the past, but I don't think she made it to Fox Valley this year.

Work kinda messed up my festival plans this year. I was in the general vicinty on Tues & popped it at Hausermann's/FoxValley around 11:30am, sorry I missed you Tom. Sat morning I was able to get out to Oak Hill Gardens, they had 5-6 guest vendors. Sorry didn't take any pics at the GHs.
This is what 'grabbed' me this year -
Hausermann's had Dendrochilum magnum in bloom, I've been resisting, but no more! Then I found a cute, little 2"pot, 3 growths, 2 in bud of spicerianum for $8! I'm also taking a chance on 'Incredible' x charlesworthii, it was a nice 5/6gr. plant with 2 buds for $20. IOS show is the 2nd weekend of Oct., I have lots spiking but keeping my fingers crossed that things will pop in less than 2 weeks! .... or I'm gonna have one very small exhibit! :(
Oak Hill Gardens had some $9.99 mounted specials - I got Rrm. Orchidom Orange Delight, a husky 3gr. tolumnia type & a nice multi gr. Catt. amethystogolossom.
Andy's was a guest vendor, I got a large established Lockhartia oerstedii & a Trichocerus parviflorus. The latter was an interesting plant out of bloom & the blooms mimic flies.
festivalbuys001.jpg
festivalbuys002.jpg
festivalbuys003.jpg
festivalbuys005.jpg

Good stuff Rose, how many growths on the dendrochilum?
7/8 with 2 flower spikes, I just love the fragrance! :smitten: I have 1 flower left on my Cyc. Jean Mournier, the combo of scents has been lovely! :drool:

Julie and I attended the event and had a great time. We bought many different kinds of orchids, including thing we wouldn't normally buy including Cattleyas and Vandas. We bought lots of mounted plants and Julie bought as many Bulbophyllums as I bought Paphs. I had a great time talking with Tom Kalina, and picked up one of the Lippewunders and a flask that he had for sale. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures. I was thinking about running a thread, again, but our bus with WiFi broke down two hours into the trip and the replacement was an older model. They did a wonderful job keeping us going on our trip. Our bus company contacted another company in Madison, who sent out a bus and driver. We were back on the road in less than three hours and didn't miss a single stop on our trip, although Winsong had to be rescheduled from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.

Latest posts

Back