The International Vanda & Slipper Orchid Symposium and Festival

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krull-Smith

Reaction score
The International Vanda & Slipper Orchid Symposium is lining up to be a spectacular event in just ten days! I know many people here have already registered, but we wanted to make sure to give everyone a quick reminder, and to let you know we are available to answer any questions you may have. As a reminder, the Symposium will be held at a different location that will be closer to the Krull-Smith nursery this year.
2022-Vanda-Symposium-Ad-2020-08-1-to-1-1200x1200 (1).jpg
This Symposium will be Mr. Canh's (the discoverer of Paph. canhii) first time speaking in the US, and he will be presenting on Paphiopedilum species in Vietnam. Marc Hachadourian is an AOS accredited judge, and he will be speaking on unusual and uncommon species in Aeridinae and their breeding potential. Olaf Gruss will be presenting on the first steps in hybridization of the most newly discovered Paphiopedilum species. Stuart Henderson will be presenting on Vanda culture. Dave Sorokowsky of Paph Paradise, also an AOS accredited judge, will be presenting on Hadley Cash's legacy in Complex Paphiopedilum breeding and all of the standards he set for future breeders and awards.
AWIOF_November_1-to-1.jpg
Additionally, while the Symposium is going on, the Apopka International Fall Orchid Festival will be housing all the vendors - and Symposium registrants will get early access to them. The festival will have free parking and free entry to the public and is located less than five minutes away from the Symposium. If you have any questions, we would love to hear them. Hope to see you all soon!

Had it been on this side of the Atlantic, I would certainly have moved heaven and earth to participate... and in addition have bought a couple of your splendiferous Roths and maybe a few of your other Paphs, too!
Most kind regards,
Jens, Copenhagen

Hopefully Mr. Canh will be able to start traveling to more locations - we are really looking forward to his talk!

We should have a good assortment of our Paphs this year for sale - so it should be a fun one! Hoping to start making some flasks available in the future for the international growers too.

Hopefully Mr. Canh will be able to start traveling to more locations - we are really looking forward to his talk!

We should have a good assortment of our Paphs this year for sale - so it should be a fun one! Hoping to start making some flasks available in the future for the international growers too.
Is Martin still on the agenda? He is one of the reasons I registered.

Seems like I can’t find a way to edit it if it’s even possible on this forum, but in any case

Dr. Martin Motes will be speaking on modem Vanda breeding. Dr. Motes’ breeding lines have included everything from compact growers like Pda. Naoki Kawamura to stunning black Vandas like V. Karina Motes - perhaps his most famous breeding line.

I will be down the week after!!! :( Tell Mr. Canh I have 2 things for him. Hopefully I will be able to get them to him early next year.
See you when I get there, have fun.

Back