Chicagoland Orchid Featival.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

WOW, that was a fast year, here it is time for another great orchid weekend, I sure hope some of you slippertalker's can make it, it's always a awesome orchid event, lots of Paphs, Phrags, good food, good people, good times, and great bargains. Hope to see you there..... Jim. OK Let's make that Festival.
www.chicagolandorchidfestival.com

It's when your feat (sic) wear out from trying to visit all the greenhouses in one day, Eric!

Touche' Tom!

--Allen--

Actually, it is quite a feat to get to all the orchid houses and really take the time to see everything in all of them! Is is a fun feat, though.

Chicagoland Orchid Festival.

Here we go again.
WOW, that was a fast year, here it is time for another great orchid weekend, I sure hope some of you slippertalker's can make it, it's always a awesome orchid event, lots of Paphs, Phrags, good food, good people, good times, and great bargains. Hope to see you there..... Jim. www.chicagolandorchidfestival.com
...... Jim.

Hmmm ..... gee .... not sure - it's a little far for me! :p
I'll hit Oak Hill & Hausermann's but the other places are kinda out there & the times I made the trip I really didn't find anything of interest to me, so I"ll have to see what the work schedule looks like & go from there.

Hey Ross, I might even leave my cave and come out for this one. The weekend of Sept 24 - 26 is the weekend after the Milwaukee WOS orchid show at the Domes (where I will have a sales table) so hopefully I will have bench space open for a few new plants by then.

Rose, keep in touch, we could ride together for the trek. You're only 15 miles from me. Email or call a few days before.

The WOS show at the Mitchel Domes, Milwaukee is Sept 18 & 19, it is a nice show, check it out here
http://www.wisconsinorchidsociety.com/htm/orchidshow.html

I'd love to see you guys. (Jim, Rose, Leo, and anyone else that is attending) We're at Orchid Garden Center (formerly Ackers) at around 1:00 PM Friday, Windsong late afternoon Friday, Natt's on Saturday morning, Oak Hill on Saturday afternoon, and Hausermanns on Sunday morning.

Looking forward to the Minnesota OS bus on Sunday morning! It would be also great if you could make it Eric, along with any other ST'ers that happen to be in the Chicago area. We'll have a limited number of the newer Phrag species seedlings, and a couple flasks of Paph. Doll's Kobold (charlesworthii `Fox Valley' HCC/AOS x henryanum)for those of you into the new, smaller growing and brightly colored Paph. hybrids.

P.S. For those of you who may not know, we are located in the same greenhouses as Orchids By Hausermann, and will be open Fri., Sat. and Sunday from 9am 'till closing.

Thanks,

Forgot to mention that Ecuagenera will once again be Hausermann's "guest-grower" at this year's Chicagoland Orchid Fest. I'm sure they'll have a few Phrags as well as a great collection of native Ecuadorian orchid species - especially the cool growers.

Thanks,

As an update, I have to report that this year's Chicagoland Orchid Festival was the best yet. We had bus-loads of new attendies from places like Fort Wayne, Minneapolis, Springfield, St. Louis, and even had a Fox Valley customer fly in from Miami just for the weekend! There were also several orchid societies that hadn't attended before, and promised they'd be back next year. Our own Batavia Orchid Society was also well represented (Thanks to fellow ST'er JimB !) Also had a chance to visit with ST'ers Ross (Paphreek) and GaryB from Minnesota who were able to acquire a few choice items.

Thanks also to NYEric, who was here in spirit, if not in the flesh, and ordered a few nice things on Friday before it got crazy. Hope you can make it next year, Eric. It was great talk to folks who were as addictred as we are to slipper orchids, and hope we can get a few more ST'ers together for next year's celebration. Thanks to all who participated, I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back