Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Manila again, played a round on the Army's golf course todays its 33°C and 80%humidity - yes hot and humid

Army%20golf%20course_2.jpg

We played 18 at our home course, Ariss Valley, today. I finally remembered to take the camera. A few shots of the course.....

Attachments

• ArissValleyMay72011 008.JPG
    ArissValleyMay72011 008.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 6
  • ArissValleyMay72011 014.JPG
    ArissValleyMay72011 014.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ArissValleyMay72011 023.JPG
    ArissValleyMay72011 023.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 8
  • ArissValleyMay72011 026.JPG
    ArissValleyMay72011 026.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 8
I had my swing analyzed. I need to shorten up my backswing as I am coming up out of my stance. Tried that....with left arm only horizontal on the backswing.....what a difference. I can shoot straight again!

I will try and remember to take photos of the other course we play. Wildwinds. It is really pretty and a tough, well maintained course. The greens are undulating and extremely fast.

I had my swing analyzed this winter on video too
I had a terrible slice so the video showed that I was comin from the outside plane into the inside plane - it really looked weird -

So the Pro showed me how to pull back my right shoulder during the swing so that I would stay on the same plane - and gone was the slice :)

I had my swing analyzed. I need to shorten up my backswing as I am coming up out of my stance. Tried that....with left arm only horizontal on the backswing.....what a difference. I can shoot straight again!

I will try and remember to take photos of the other course we play. Wildwinds. It is really pretty and a tough, well maintained course. The greens are undulating and extremely fast.

Went down to south-east of france on vacation in the Vercors area
Vey nice mountain golf there with very often steep fairways and elevated greens or vice versa

IMG00093-20110519-1104.jpg

IMG00100-20110519-1251.jpg

IMG00137-20110521-1317.jpg

What happened to Uri? Did he leave the forum again?

I am entered in my first stroke play match on Wednesday. Decided it was time to start getting in on these. Wish me luck guys. (and girls)

I just went out and custom ordered a Titleist 910 D2 Driver (the golfers on here will know what it is!) for this year....traded in my TM Burner for something more serious. I'm so excited to start the season now....been saving my dollars for this for months now after 'test driving' one back in December. It was pretty slick and so much more accurate for me. :clap:

Hi Wendy

So how is the Titleist driver ?

I recently changed my driver to a Callaway Diablo Octane which I like a lot

Uri

Mid October
Sta Helana 60 km south of Manila - The golf was ranked among top 100 offshore golfs by Golf Digest
Sta%20Helena.jpg

Hi Wendy

So how is the Titleist driver ?

I recently changed my driver to a Callaway Diablo Octane which I like a lot

Uri

Just saw this now....LOL! I've been out playing so much I missed the post! The driver is wonderful. In fact I went out and got a 909f 15* and a 910f 19* to match. With the old Taylormades I couldn't get much height or distance as they are sooooo light but with the new clubs I can launch the ball. They just feel so much better. Next is to get fitted with AP1's but I need to save up for that! I'm keeping my TM hybrids and Ghost putter but the irons need an upgrade. Dropping my handicap so quickly has gotten me excited about fine tuning my equipment. After a lesson with our club pro he told me there's no reason that I shouldn't break 80 next season. Now I just have to keep trying!

Love that photo Uri! It's cold and desolate here now. Golf season is over until spring now. One of these days we may just get a game in. Hubby and I played in Prince Edward Island this year. There are some beautiful, but tough courses there! A few photos from The Links at Crowbush Cove and Glasgow Hills.

Attachments

• PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 031.JPG
    PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 031.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 032.JPG
    PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 032.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 126.JPG
    PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 126.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 131.JPG
    PEI vacation sept 7-14 2012 131.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 4
He he good to hear
I only break 90 every now and then - playing twice a week is not enough.
Fortunately enough we can still play here in France -
keep posting

Just came back from a golf sale. Picked up a newTitleist Vokey SM6 60* wedge for a very good price. :clap::clap::clap:

SO you did not have a lob wedge until now or is it a replacement ?

This is a replacement. I have an old Cobra lob wedge but want to upgrade. (I carry 4 wedges...P, G, S, L...and use them all) Since I want to go Titleist and the new club was less than half price (orig $149.99) and with the exact same specs as my old wedge how could I not get it? :D

Are you still playing over there? I'm really missing being out on the course.

Latest posts

Back