Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Pair of FJ sport BOA from Santa

Just wind and unwind !!

FJ%20BOA.jpg

Nice shoes!!! The Boa system looks easy to use.

We're going to check out Golftown first thing tomorrow. I said I wouldn't replace my TM hybrids...but...if I can get a demo Titleist hybrid for the $35 advertised I won't pass it up. :clap:

I see you use a varied selection of balls. I like to use TM womens burner, Penta or Titleist Velocity. Yesterday the courier delivered a dozen new ProV1 and ProV1x to the door.....I am a member of 'Team Titleist' and they send out new stuff for members to try. It was just like getting a Christmas gift. :)

BOA's are great - I was a bit reluctant to the system but they seem to be Solid State quality

he he go get those hybrids - new golf gear is as exciting as getting new orchids

I use Prov V1 occassionaly but they are pretty expensive here, around 5usd/ball - and I loose them much faster than the srixon 333' - go figure.
Callaway HX are as good as PRo V1 and less expensive

Nice shoes!!! The Boa system looks easy to use.

We're going to check out Golftown first thing tomorrow. I said I wouldn't replace my TM hybrids...but...if I can get a demo Titleist hybrid for the $35 advertised I won't pass it up. :clap:

I see you use a varied selection of balls. I like to use TM womens burner, Penta or Titleist Velocity. Yesterday the courier delivered a dozen new ProV1 and ProV1x to the door.....I am a member of 'Team Titleist' and they send out new stuff for members to try. It was just like getting a Christmas gift. :)

Didn't get a hybrid. It turns out that a few people got there for opening at 8am and hoarded most of the clubs....they plan on re-selling them over the internet for a big markup. They are starting to pop up on kijiji already. Ignorant and greedy....I won't be buying any of those. One of the sales guys at GT told me to wait until the 913 fw and hybrids were released and the 910 prices would come down.

I did pick up a demo Taylormade Est 79 putter for $15 though. It was the last one and having two putters to rotate is never a bad idea.

You seem to be more of a Titleist gear fan - am I right ?

This is my new - old odyssey putter
I reduced the shaft lenght and fitted it with a Slim Super Stroke grip -
The same as Duffner uses on the tour
Already improved my putting after 1 round great feel and the shorter shaft fits my putting stance

putter.JPG

My husband likes the grip that you have on your putter. He has several different putters and has the bigger grips on them. Even his driver, woods, irons and wedges are gripped with Winn oversize grips.

Yes I like Titleist. (My husband plays Adams) I started with Taylormade ladies clubs but found them way too light. Low ball flight and a struggle for distance. The Titleist woods I have now have a much nicer swing weight and I get great height and distance now. Its easier to be more accurate when the club feels good in your hands. I went out and picked up two new Titleist hybrids today.....a 21* and 24* with regular flex shafts. Really looking forward to opening day now!

What's in my Titleist Golf Canada carry bag......

Titleist 910 D2, 10.5*
Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
Titleist 910 F2 19*
Titleist 910H 21* & 24*
Burner HT 6-9 irons
TM P, A & SW
Vokey SM4 60*
TM Ghost Corza
Titleist Velocity, TM Penta, Burner W

Okay so what is in everyone elses' setup?

It was 12c here over the weekend and a few courses opened up for play. We were supposed to go out for nine holes yesterday but never made it as we had too many other things to do. It would have been fun to go just to say we played here...in Ontario....in January. Oh well, lots of other people got out.

We have had snow for the past week here and it seems to last for ever - even another layer today - :mad:
so this weekend its putting on the living room carpet and Golfchannel show

So are you playing again Uri? I figure about more weeks of waiting for us here. The London and Toronto Golf Shows are on soon....looking forward to them both.

We're joining this course this year.....http://www.puslinchlakegolf.ca/ Not many photos but you get the idea of the place.

Okay so what is in everyone elses' setup?

I feel very dated in that my irons are still the wilson staff tour blades that I got wholesale in 1987. The owner of the golf course where I worked got me a deal where I could get them at the wholesale price. The set came with irons 3-9, and I later separately bought 1+2 irons and the sand wedge that matched the set. ... I didn't like that sand wedge very much but kept it because of the set. The few times that I actually hit a shot dead in the center of those irons was one of the most amazing feelings, like you tapped a wiffleball! Unfortunately they felt very unforgiving when you didn't hit them just right, and perimeter-weighted clubs became all the rage (probably because they were so forgiving).
I can't remember all what else is in my bag, which I am embarrassed to say is heavily coated with mildew down in the basement. :eek:

I do sort of wish for the days when I worked at the course, and on fridays would collect my paycheck and go directly out on the course for a few holes warmup, and then play in the friday night league. I had so little overhead back then that I would occasionally be rooting around in my bag, and find an envelope still full of a previous week's paycheck! :D more often than not there would be the group who would gather after work and get into the skins matches, but later people got older, moved on and then moved away for a 'real job' :( (I don't really want to go back to then, just having a job that covered all expenses and some time with friends/family would be great)

Wow the course looks great
But I guess you still have snow there ?
Received my new bag yesterday - its just awesome have a look
kellerbag.jpg

We only have an annual golf show in Paris but that's a huge one and I don't wanna go to overcrowded shows.

Had a very busy Easter/golf weekend

Friday we had our first senior competition came in 2nd in my series and won a cobra baffler 5 hybrid :rollhappy:

Sunday - first regular competition - same score as on Friday

Monday - a round with the buddies scored 90

Weather was great but cold ! 2° in the morning and 8 in the afternoon

It was good to get back in the office this tuesday for some rest ;)

Weather in UK much too cold for me to play.Looking forward to some nice weather and to use my new birthday present--a Precision GTX electric trolley. My ambition this year is to knock it round gross in less than my age--I still think it's possible!!!!
Good swinging to everyone,

Ed

Our course is supposed to open tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to getting out.....I need the practice. I joined this... http://gtaamtour.com ......looks like fun and I will get to play a few private courses. There are four tournaments on my schedule so far.

Uri, it sounds as though you are having a great year so far.....keep it up! Congrats!

I'm back up to 7 orchids in my collection. My clients have given me 2 NoId Phals in the past while.....they will be going to a new home so I can replace them with a few named minis.

Oh that looks interesting its like a Pro -tour circuit - Enjoy !!

Basically we will be having tournaments every Sunday from now on until October - some more "valuable" than others
then also some Pro-AM's on weekdays as well as a couple of Senior tournament rounds-

Just have to plan it all in my agenda so it does not conflict with my wifes agenda -:rollhappy:

Oh yes and then I'll have a first time Callaway fitting session end of April - I've heard that fitting session really sets your gear requirements straight...

Oh Yes Orchids I almost forgot - ha ha

Ice storm :mad:

We have a Volvo sponsored tournament tommorow and weather forecast expect 22° Centigrades !

Tiger and Phil are out of range

Yep....had the day off because of an ice storm. Got to watch the whole day.
Go Freddie Go!!!!!!

Back