Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I find out that they want me for the commercial regardless. Cool. Off I go to Bond Head on Monday then. :D

Busy, busy right now. Between the new house, getting the current one ready to sell, planning my brothers wedding and my golf adventures there aren't enough hours in the day!

Well I did it! Long but fun day. There were only two other women besides me and we ended up having only one shoot. I hit only one ball and hit it perfect. We had to walk up the fairway to our ball with a set of the new 914 woods/714 irons, pull a hybrid, line up the shot and hit it. I pulled off a fabulous shot that surprised even me. Now lets see if that bit makes it into the commercial....being released Feb 2014.

Hey cool! Well of course they wanted you anyway. You're a world famous golfer.....in training! I'm happy for you that you still got to do the commercial, as well as deal with your new house stuff. Can't wait to see it.

So, your little bro is getting married? Congrats to him! If you're helping to plan the wedding, I gather he's moved back to Canada from Luxembourg?

So, your little bro is getting married? Congrats to him! If you're helping to plan the wedding, I gather he's moved back to Canada from Luxembourg?

He and his fiancé are only coming here to get married...then going back. It would have cost a fortune for our family to go over there, plus my Mom is not up to the trip.

Cool! Good job! :D I didn't see the greenhouse in the photos. :)

Um no, and you won't be seeing one either. There is sufficient light in this house with three floor to ceiling windows that I can grow a few plants indoors. I don't need or want a greenhouse anymore. And a handful of plants is more than enough for me. I'm down to four orchids now and happy with that. They are out swinging in the backyard tree for their summer holiday. My old orchid room is gone.....we ripped it out last weekend. New buyers wouldn't be impressed with mildew on the baseboards and water stains on the walls.

How sad, but I'm sure we will reel you back in later. :evil:

How is it sad? I'm quite happy with my few orchids. There are too many things going on and I would be stressed out with a big collection....trying to care for it properly with no time or desire. And no....I'm over the fetish of wanting anything I see. :crazy:

My wonderful husband got me my dream irons for Xmas.....712 AP1's with an upgraded ladies graphite shaft. I'm going back soon to have them fitted. Never in a million years did I ever expect to have these irons. They feel like butter and really launch the ball. Can't wait to get them on the course.

I got hubby the golf bag he has been drooling over for a couple years.....a Bagboy Revolver. Golftown had some awesome sales going on so we could afford both purchases....our gifts to each other.

Anyone else get any golf goodies?

PS....PGA season starts again tomorrow!!! Hyundai Tournament of Champions!!!! Woohoo!

I haven't played in years so I don't know anything about club tech. I'm one of those guys that likes to carry only 4 in the bag; but Congrats and enjoy. :)

I like to play but only get out half dozen times at most a year. Charity tournaments and an occasional outing with my nephews... who just take my orchid money! I was promised a new set of clubs for the holidays to replace my 20 year old Titleist Irons. But hard to think about new clubs when we just had 15+ inches of snow and single digit temps. yesterday and today! Enjoy those new clubs and the Hyundai Tournament. Dreaming of a trip to Maui...orchids, golf, beach, drinks.....repeat!

I just heard today that I made it into the Titleist commercial. :clap::clap: It will air on Feb 15th during the Northern Trust golf tournament. I am excited to see it! :D

Congrats with the commercial - they do not show it over here
Was in NY in November and had a chance to do some shopping in both Golfsmith and NY Golfcenter - great stores and prices:rollhappy:

I just heard today that I made it into the Titleist commercial. It will air on Feb 15th during the Northern Trust golf tournament. I am excited to see it! :D
Congrats!

Was in NY in November and had a chance to do some shopping in both Golfsmith and NY Golfcenter - great stores and prices:rollhappy:

And you didn't contact me!!?? :(

I just heard today that I made it into the Titleist commercial. :clap::clap: It will air on Feb 15th during the Northern Trust golf tournament. I am excited to see it! :D

Cool and congrat's. I'll look for you. What will you be doing in the commercial? Looking for your Titleist amongst some native lady slippers in the woods? Oh wait, you hit it straight....that'll be me in the woods!

Cool and congrat's. I'll look for you. What will you be doing in the commercial? Looking for your Titleist amongst some native lady slippers in the woods? Oh wait, you hit it straight....that'll be me in the woods!

Haha! Who knows, maybe I'd be in there with you. Sometimes that fade is more like a slice. :rollhappy:

Congrats!

Looking forward to the youtube link.

I'll post a link as soon as they release it. :D I won't see it until then either so have no idea what to expect from all the footage. It won't be much though.

Back