Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Anyone else on here into golf? I've had clubs for 20+ years...bought for me by a hubby who wanted me to get into the game with him....but never got interested until the past summer. Now I can't get enough. Hubby is thrilled and got me a Taylormade Burner #5 rescue club for my birthday (I need it!) and then a Burner driver for Xmas. My son gave me a gift certificate to Golf Town and I went out and bought a Taylormade Burner #5 fairway wood and a bunch of clothes. Can you guess I'm trying to build a complete Taylormade Burner set? :clap:

Anyone else golf?

What the heck is a rescue club? Are those the cheat sticks that get you out of the water & save you $$$ in golf balls?
Can you tell I golf all the time? I can't tell you how many years of my younger life I even worked at Country Clubs! I use to go out for time to time & everyone had a good laugh! The best shot I ever made, I mean it had to be text book perfect - was in the wrong direction! What do you mean it's not that green? Picky, picky!

A rescue club is meant to help get a decent shot from rough grass etc. Mine gets a lot of work. :rollhappy:

LOL Rose...you should have had a camera for that pefect shot! Cute story...the very first time hubby took me out golfing I asked 'Okay so what do I do first?'. He told me to 'address the ball'...so I got down on all fours and said 'Hello ball.'. It's a good thing hubby is patient. :evil: He is a very good player and won quite a bit in his younger years...he has many trophies from tounaments. Next year I will be taking a few lessons so he can relax and stop pulling his hair out putting up with my warped sense of humour. :D

Started playin 2 years ago and can't get enough-
play at least once a week- still need a lot of improvement though

Use callaway gear and a ping putter

Glad to hear that you enjoy it! It's such a cool game and not at all as easy as it first appears.

Here's a photo of hubby and I (on the right) with friends in a tounament this past summer.
I won Ladies Longest Drive and Closest to The Keg.

Attachments

• kp golf 2009.jpg
    kp golf 2009.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
A rescue club is meant to help get a decent shot from rough grass etc. Mine gets a lot of work. :rollhappy:
... Cute story...the very first time hubby took me out golfing I asked 'Okay so what do I do first?'. He told me to 'address the ball'...so I got down on all fours and said 'Hello ball.'. It's a good thing hubby is patient. :evil: He is a very good player and won quite a bit in his younger years...he has many trophies from tounaments. Next year I will be taking a few lessons so he can relax and stop pulling his hair out putting up with my warped sense of humour. :D
:rollhappy::rollhappy:he'd be in deep trouble if the 2 of us got together, he'd have no hair left! :sob:

Love golf. I am a callaway man myself. Use both Ft-IQ-FT-9 drivers and x-22s, I do use a taylormade itsy bitsy spider putter. How is the golfing up there? Must be a short season like here.

attachment.php

Some practice swings

Great photos! Any more to add? Our season goes from about May through October depending on that cold white stuff. I got out for the last time this season on Nov 27; an unusually long season. The ladies I go out with actually got out on Dec 3rd but I had to work.

I just got back from Golf Town again...picked up #3 Burner wood. Now all I need are the irons and that itzy bitzy monza spider. Hopefully I can complete the set before spring.

I bought my iron series in the US - golf gear is sooo cheap in the US !!
Last time I played was in the suburb of Copenhagen during the Cop 15. we had minus 1 or so . back in France most golf have closed for christmas but opens january 3rd !! this year have been exceptional with only white stuff last week. Golf Season in Northern France runs from march to October

Hi Wendy,

I took up the game when my orchid hobby turned into my orchid business, and I am addicted (Sam Tsui (Orchid Inn) and I play together whenever we get the chance). I play a set of Ping G10 irons, a Calloway Diablo driver and Fairway woods, and a brand new (this Christmas!) putter made by Bettinardi. My wife plays as well; it's great to have something a couple can do together and I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.. Keep em' in the short grass!

Thanks,

Tom Kalina
www.foxvalleyorchids.com

As much as I like golf. Skiing is better. Baseball as well, also MMA BJJ

I'd love to play, but then I would need to put a GPS locater inside the ball to find it again, and also a good telescope to see the flag from the tee.

Recently found a website where I can watch Golf Channel live -
now that's great ! ! !
Golf balls are pretty expensive over here (titleist proV1 is €56 a dozen) if you want quality - and you can really feel the differences on the green between a titleist pro v1 and a low cost ball

wow, that's a lot of money for golf balls! it wasn't cheap when I played (if I bought balls, usually there were plenty to be found in the rough, woods and water. the expensive balls did feel better when playing, but would gash awfully when a yack swing was occasionally made ;) ! I found it helped to promote better touch around the greens if you were using the cheaper ones
I miss working on the golf course, but then it was a stretch to get the season to six months so that you could get a full six months of unemp. ins. helped that I had no real loans back then

sounds like uri is hooked on the links!

I love the Golf Channel; especially the lesson shows.

Until now I have played with whatever used ball I had. Hubby has a huge pail of used balls and that was my supply. It's cheaper to lose one of those. He bought me a bunch of new Noodle soft balls for Xmas...woohoo....new balls for 2010! :wink:

Latest posts

Back