Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to complete my Taylormade set yesterday!!! (well except for the putter but that can wait as I have a perfectly good one already) We went out to several places to check out prices....some were over $1,000, but we ended up getting a Burner hybrid (#4 & 5) and iron set brand new for about $400 less. So now I am happy....let's hope I can at least use them half decently now. :eek::D

Good deal!!! any pictures ?

Played this weekend for the first time this year- Winter is pretty tough this year -

Here we've winter greens - which is just a piece of delimited fairway- impossible to putt straight under these conditions

I got to complete my Taylormade set yesterday!!! (well except for the putter but that can wait as I have a perfectly good one already) We went out to several places to check out prices....some were over $1,000, but we ended up getting a Burner hybrid (#4 & 5) and iron set brand new for about $400 less. So now I am happy....let's hope I can at least use them half decently now. :eek::D

Photos? Not of me but here are a couple of my new purchases. (still in plastic!) :D Spring can't come soon enough...I'm jealous of you guys than can get out already. A friend and I are going to make a trip to an indoor driving range very soon but that's all we can do until at least April. :sob:

Attachments

• 2010_0111taylormadeburners0002.JPG
    2010_0111taylormadeburners0002.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2010_0111taylormadeburners0004.JPG
    2010_0111taylormadeburners0004.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 12
golf

Hi,
Just returned from Malibu CC. We play at least 3 days a week usually more.
We've had a very warm "winter"--today was 73 deg.
The limiting factor here is light.
Wish I had started younger it really is addictive.
Carl

Yeah but don't worry about it you can play until you're 90 or so
- the only thing is that with age - you'll hear the ball fall to the ground when you drive it :rollhappy:

Hi,
Just returned from Malibu CC. We play at least 3 days a week usually more.
We've had a very warm "winter"--today was 73 deg.
The limiting factor here is light.
Wish I had started younger it really is addictive.
Carl

Golfing by the tracks! :D The golfers and their carts would all fit on a Quarter!
P1090117.jpg

Spent the afternoon at the Toronto Golf Show with hubby and friends. What a great day! I bought a TM sand wedge to complete my irons, and some clothes. Also took a 15 minute lesson from a PGA golf pro....it was awesome! It's unbelievable how good it feels when you do things correctly. :clap: Now I can't wait for the season to start. Oh yes....I won a free round at a nice course north of us as well as a couple coupons for 2 for 1 deals. Woohoo!

Good to hear - A friend offered me a book on canadian golf courses - wonderful to see how many golfs there are there !!

... and I think they stretch the season by using the plastic glowing golf balls and play at night! I tried playing glo-ball a few times and thought it was fun, I stunk!

Played both days this weekend - and played at my level - this spring is going to be goooood

I haven't been out yet unless you count the one time I went to the indoor driving range. :( Still too muddy. I called our home course this morning and was told they will be open within a week or two...WOOHOO! Can't wait!

AS I said, Played twice last weekend - it was still pretty cold - but I played up to my handicap which is fine - and this week spring is coming to France !!
can you dig it !!

golfmarch.jpg

golfmarch2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha....I see you use the interlocking grip too. :) Boy it looks cold there still with the bare trees and brown grass...not to mention the winter jacket and warm boots! Funny how the cold doesn't matter as long as we can play. :D I was out at the driving range yesterday. It sure felt good to hit a few balls and the temp was 15c in the sunshine. Our courses are just starting to open so I'll be back out within a week or two. I envy that you are out already.

Thanks for the photos! :clap:

Played a good round today at our local sunday competition- weather was excellent - sunny warm and no wind - Great !!:drool::drool::drool:

Latest posts

Back