Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The winter period is tough to get through - especially in the northern parts of the world
Now its even tougher if you grow orchids and play golf :mad:

I was lucky to get away two weeks to Manilla and play there - realised how better a carry the golf ball has in 32°C as opposed to the 6°C we have here
No wonder why the pros tend to play down south.....

Already doing that but it's just not the same. :(

This was yesterday on my local golf course - we had -4°C - tough compared to the 32° in Manilla 10 days ago
P1000962.jpg

Whoa....that looks cold! The countdown is on here. We'll be playing at the end of next month. :clap: March 4-6 is the big Golf Show in Toronto. We will be going as there will be great deals on equipment, clothing and there are always courses handing out free rounds for the coming season. Last year I picked up two freebies from a course near where we holiday in the spring.

Anyone else watching the European Tour of the WM Phoenix Open today?

Spring is here with temps above 10°C for the past week
Yes I'm playing again this sunday :rollhappy:

Pebble beach this week
can't watch live as the veetle golf channel feed was cut.
Also Dubai master with Woods.

I am envious!!!! :p

Yes I am watching both Pebble and Dubai. It is so nice to see Woods playing well. Personally I don't care what he did in his private life....I just want to watch him play golf. I don't care for his attitude when his game is bad (talk about spoiled baby!) but enjoy watching him when things go his way. Hoping for McIlroy to win though.

Tomorrow I am off early to do ribbon judging at an orchid show so will have to watch the replay when I get home. :clap:

Great finals in both. I wasn't impressed when Tiger spit on the green. He's such a baby when things aren't going his way....he always implodes.

I enjoyed watching Bill Murray and D.A. Points win at Pebble. Bill Murray is such a character...the Elmer Fudd hat yesterday and the Caddyshack getup today was hilarious!

Big weekend next week...lots of tournaments...including the LPGA!!!! :clap:

can't see it over here as they show it well after midnight. Golf channel is not broadcasted in Europe:mad:

played 18 holes yesterday in muddy conditions - and I mean muddy:rollhappy:

Great finals in both. I wasn't impressed when Tiger spit on the green. He's such a baby when things aren't going his way....he always implodes.

I enjoyed watching Bill Murray and D.A. Points win at Pebble. Bill Murray is such a character...the Elmer Fudd hat yesterday and the Caddyshack getup today was hilarious!

Big weekend next week...lots of tournaments...including the LPGA!!!! :clap:

Bill Murray and D.A. Points at Pebble Beach was the best golf entertainment I've seen in a long time. I overheard one of the commentators say Murray actually shot a one-under par on Saturday (with his handicap) so he's a pretty good golfer as well as a good entertainer. He sure kept D.A. loose with his banter!

The snow is supposed to be melting all this week, so I remain optimistic we'll be playing soon. Looks like the new, white-headed Taylormade R-11 driver is the must have club this year for anyone willing to cough up the 399 USD. My old R-7 driver is looking pretty beat up, so I gotta' look at this one....;)

Checked the R11 looks nice but also very expensive here - going to change my Big Bertha irons in november this year any tips - all ?

I was looking at the R11 last weekend....NICE driver. They don't have womens out yet here...plus they are almost $500 with tax for us Canucks! I don't understand why there's such a dollar difference when we are at par now. I might be tempted if they didn't cost so much. Will wait until next year when they price comes down...besides my current driver (TM Burner HT) is only a year old.

I vote you shelf the R-7 and upgrade. :clap:

Just what I need, Wendy - another golf enabler:evil: Good thing I have an understanding wife.....

Uri, I tried out the new Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons late last season, and was very impressed, so you might try them out. Nice balance...... the Ping I-15's are nice, too, but not as easy to hit IMHO.

Thanks, Tom

thanks for the tips

now as to the understanding wife - I think its mandatory to any married golfer :rollhappy:
that also stands for lady golfers of course

Just what I need, Wendy - another golf enabler:evil: Good thing I have an understanding wife.....

Uri, I tried out the new Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons late last season, and was very impressed, so you might try them out. Nice balance...... the Ping I-15's are nice, too, but not as easy to hit IMHO.

Thanks, Tom

Who's watching the Accenture match Play? I was rooting for Bubba but he couldn't pull off a trip to the final. Now I'll have to cheer for world #1 Kaymer. (I was actually hoping for a Watson/ Jiminez final but they're both back in the clubhouse)

I also found J.D. Holmes incredibly frustrating to watch. 'Glad he didn't make it as they wouldn't have enough regulation time to get the match in. :rollhappy:

I watched some of the games - I was with Bubba too
- now I hope Luke Donald will win as Kaymer is already N°1 now he doesn't need it

We went to the Toronto Golf Show last Friday. I met Michael Breed and got him to sign his new book...also had my photo taken with him but I have no idea how to download it from my cell phone. We listened to him give a seminar and also one by Sandra Post...very informative. Both hubby and I got several free rounds at local courses as well....woohoo....free golf!

The season is not too far off. I hope to hit a driving range this weekend and be on the course within two weeks. :clap: I've already entered us into a tournament for June....can't come soon enough!

Wow - how lucky you guys are

would like to see the picture of him - is he also yelling in real life ?

Over here we never really stopped playin except for the snow we had in December but I do look forward to a warmer and less windy weather in spring and now its just a matter of weeks

We went to the Toronto Golf Show last Friday. I met Michael Breed and got him to sign his new book...also had my photo taken with him but I have no idea how to download it from my cell phone. We listened to him give a seminar and also one by Sandra Post...very informative. Both hubby and I got several free rounds at local courses as well....woohoo....free golf!

The season is not too far off. I hope to hit a driving range this weekend and be on the course within two weeks. :clap: I've already entered us into a tournament for June....can't come soon enough!

Our home golf course (Ariss Valley) opens on Saturday!!!! :clap: There are still piles of snow in the shaded spots but we'll play anyway. Woohoo! Can't wait!

Who's watching The Masters next week? *standing here with my hand up* This weekend it's the Houston Open and the Kraft Nabisco...lots to watch.

Hubby entered a contest last weekend at our local GolfTown. It was their 1st anniversary celebration. He won a pair of FootJoy Contours!...he's trying to catch up with me...right now I have seven pairs of golf shoes (mostly FootJoy as they're the most comfy) and he's up to three pairs now. :rollhappy:

First round of the season is scheduled for Thursday, April 7. Trying out the R11 and the Titleist 910 D3 this afternoon at Golfsmith, who are adding $ 50 to the trade in value for any driver traded in....... :clap:

I will be watching the MAster for sure !! luckyly they also broadcast the Shell Houston tournament since yesterday
but no LPGA

OVer here the tournament season starts early april so it's time to challenge my handicap

enjoy your game !!

quote=Wendy;275507]Our home golf course (Ariss Valley) opens on Saturday!!!! :clap: There are still piles of snow in the shaded spots but we'll play anyway. Woohoo! Can't wait!

Who's watching The Masters next week? *standing here with my hand up* This weekend it's the Houston Open and the Kraft Nabisco...lots to watch.

Hubby entered a contest last weekend at our local GolfTown. It was their 1st anniversary celebration. He won a pair of FootJoy Contours!...he's trying to catch up with me...right now I have seven pairs of golf shoes (mostly FootJoy as they're the most comfy) and he's up to three pairs now. :rollhappy:[/quote]

Latest posts

Back