thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice growing, Mike! I have killed 4-5 of this species. I was guessing that my area isn't warm enough. Do you keep it fairly warm? With the clay pot, do you keep it fairly dry, or do you water them frequently?

Nice growing, Mike! I have killed 4-5 of this species. I was guessing that my area isn't warm enough. Do you keep it fairly warm? With the clay pot, do you keep it fairly dry, or do you water them frequently?
Thanks Naoki and all,
Yes I keep them in the ''hot chamber'' Temps average about 20 to 30. It's also under lights and has a fan blowing strongly. I think the air is very important when you consider these thick leaved brachys grow in exposed habitats. A good hint for me is the succulent euphorbias growing next to the niveums leucos and even some concolors. I have a bit of experience growing succulent plants and that has helped my understanding with these paphs too. I water about every 2 days but it's quite dry by then. The other tip is not to repot unless really necessary so use a bony mix that dries fast. Better to water often than to wait too long for a moist mix to dry out. It works for me but there are probably other ways too.

A lovely pot of plants! Love to see mine in bloom someday. Thanks

I like this species very much and though I grow other brachies successfully over many years I wasn't succesful with this one. Also I'm impressed when you say '4 years from flask', so it's a fast grower under your conditions. Congrats

Latest posts

Back