Show us Paph. that you've killed.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely delenatii ... lol!

I guess the worst I've seen is the godefroyae alba I killed while flowering.
It died flowering with the flower upside down !!! I almost threw up.

Lovely delenatii ... lol!

I guess the worst I've seen is the godefroyae alba I killed while flowering.
It died flowering with the flower upside down !!! I almost threw up.

I lost a NFS Screaming Eagle which devastated me. Very hard to come by here.

I was also very upset to lose this Paph Wossner Ministar which I had awarded last year. I had named it after my grandfather who had passed away a couple of weeks prior to it being awarded. For sentimental reasons that was a tough one to lose. It was never a strong plant.

Paph Wossner Ministar 'Tasman Lewis Memoria' HCC/AOC

I really miss this hookerae I had.

Paph hookerae 'Robyn's Pride'

paphhookerae20112com2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I lost a NFS Screaming Eagle which devastated me. Very hard to come by here.

I was also very upset to lose this Paph Wossner Ministar which I had awarded last year. I had named it after my grandfather who had passed away a couple of weeks prior to it being awarded. For sentimental reasons that was a tough one top lose. It was never a strong plant.

Paph Wossner Ministar 'Tasman Lewis Memoria' HCC/AOC

I really miss this hookerae I had.

Paph hookerae 'Robyn's Pride'

paphhookerae20112com2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, the hookerae is reallly nice. I am sorry for your lost.

Here I go:

6323082265_a42134afcb_o.jpg

This was a super nice suki but a fu**ing pain in the butt. I can´t say I miss it.

And the list continues:
- First henryanum.
- Second henryanum (yes...I´m not the best henry grower and I know it)
- I was very close with a sangii, but now it´s recovering (thanks to a friend of mine, its new owner)
- It seems that I´ve been trying to kill my P. tranlienianum for the last one and a half years but it resists :eek:

I lost many small seedlings too... too much to list... (or I just don't want too...)

I am a great Brachys killer too. I think I will be a great killer for fairrie too!

And I killed a mature Paph Jerry Lee Fischer... I never saw it blooming!!! What a mess!

Way too many to list. Just found my Vndps. Penny Stewert dead this morning. I hope to save the keiki I got off the plant, but its tiny. 2 days ago it was doing great, today it was a leafless stump.LOL! All the phals and other things that were around it still look great too.If happens,but the only thing thats getting too me.It is a plant I will never find a piece of again.

Here I go:

6323082265_a42134afcb_o.jpg

This was a super nice suki but a fu**ing pain in the butt. I can´t say I miss it.

And the list continues:
- First henryanum.
- Second henryanum (yes...I´m not the best henry grower and I know it)
- I was very close with a sangii, but now it´s recovering (thanks to a friend of mine, its new owner)
- It seems that I´ve been trying to kill my P. tranlienianum for the last one and a half years but it resists :eek:

Those are the ones you never think about after emptying the empty pot.

I've not actually killed too many paphs, but I've turned a number of them into zombies. They look like they are alive, but I'm pretty sure they are dead since they have shown no signs of activity for some time. They just eat up space in the greenhouse, refusing to die.

Mike

I tried to get on that other forum to find pics of the ones I've killed, but no luck. I can't pull them up. But, to name a few
Paph phil var palawanense (only one I've ever seen)
Paph phil var roebbeleni aureum
Paph phil var roebbeleni
Paph kolopakingii
Paph sanderianum (not cheap)
Paph Goeffrey Hands
Paph Jack Tonkin (FCC division)
Catasetum schmidtianum
Catasetum pileatum var imperiale
Phrag caudatum var sanderae
I could keep doing this for hours. I literally have killed more than I now own. That was before I sobered up... But that's a whole different story...

I have probably killed far more paphs than I have ever kept alive. Emersonii? Oh, they do great for me...they bloom for me, then, of course, they die for me. I've lost great clones of insigne sanderianum, tigrinum, oh....its too heartbreaking to list anymore.

Latest posts

Back