Show us Paph. that you've killed.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotsomerice

Reaction score
Here are some of mine.
Paph. fairrieanum and Paph. charlesworthii v. alba.:sob:

Attachments

• fair01.jpg
    fair01.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 46
  • fair02.jpg
    fair02.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 84
  • charleworthiialba.jpg
    charleworthiialba.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 61
I'm great at killing fairreanum. I felt much better when I met Terry Root at the orchid show here last Feb., and he said even he can't keep it alive for long. He thinks it's just a very short lived plant.

I'm great at killing fairreanum. I felt much better when I met Terry Root at the orchid show here last Feb., and he said even he can't keep it alive for long. He thinks it's just a very short lived plant.

Did you ask him about emersonii too? I can't keep these suckers alive!:mad:

Well, before I went to law school, I had a bunch of orchids (for paphs, like a large Angel Hair, several PEOY, and some Marriott Elfstone crosses). Someone took care of them in his greenhouse while I was at law school. However, after graduating and before I could move in to my new place in the winter, his greenhouse heater died and my plants froze.
Does this count?

Well, before I went to law school, I had a bunch of orchids (for paphs, like a large Angel Hair, several PEOY, and some Marriott Elfstone crosses). Someone took care of them in his greenhouse while I was at law school. However, after graduating and before I could move in to my new place in the winter, his greenhouse heater died and my plants froze.
Does this count?

Yes!

thats great !!!!!

I killed my Lippewunder X Lippewunder this year I am not happy about that.

And killed a lof of seedlings over the years.
killed all lowii I had and supardii

I killed this lovely delenatii vinicolor...

Paphiopedilumdelenatiifvinicolor2_web.jpg

Paphiopedilumdelenatiifvinicolor_web2.jpg

If there is some form of triage at the 'pearly gates', I fear that the sheer mass of paph fatalities against me will preclude me from entering! I suspect I will be sent to the pub for another drink while they attempt to add up the vast numbers!

Too painful a subject to contribute. :sob: I think the total value for the plants I have killed would be enough to buy another house. :eek: When you kill a plant that you paid more than $ 1000 usd for, you join that special club. :mad: You can tell who belongs by the desperate look in their eyes, and the fact that they only drive cars over 10 years old, with bald tires, and wear shabby old clothes. They have no relatives that would return their phone calls. :(

Well, in reality at least 2 out of 5 of my relatives will return my phone calls, but this spending too much on orchids and then not keeping them alive is a real illness.

I killed more paphs than any other orchids in the last 10 years...the number probably close to about 100 =( the most expansive being sanderianum $300, MK $150, roths $125...paph in general are more expansive than any other orchids with the cheapest being around $20.

Safe to say, there goes part of my mortgage :sob:

Too painful a subject to contribute. :sob: I think the total value for the plants I have killed would be enough to buy another house. :eek: When you kill a plant that you paid more than $ 1000 usd for, you join that special club. :mad: You can tell who belongs by the desperate look in their eyes, and the fact that they only drive cars over 10 years old, with bald tires, and wear shabby old clothes. They have no relatives that would return their phone calls. :(

Well, in reality at least 2 out of 5 of my relatives will return my phone calls, but this spending too much on orchids and then not keeping them alive is a real illness.

Do you have a picture of that $1000 plant? What was it?

I killed more paphs than any other orchids in the last 10 years...the number probably close to about 100 =( the most expansive being sanderianum $300, MK $150, roths $125...paph in general are more expansive than any other orchids with the cheapest being around $20.

Safe to say, there goes part of my mortgage :sob:

Have you ever seen the flowers before you killed them?

Latest posts

Back