Shore Orchid Fest, NJ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be passing on it this year. Last year I went on Friday and had a pre-order from Parkside and Woodstream. I don't believe Woodstream is returning this year. I also had a trying time at the main greenhouses. Most things aren't priced and shall we say they are used car sales people. Just not my cup of tea. The rest of the event was O.K. but other than the pre-orders I only picked up another 2 or 3 plants from the Japan dealer. Hope you have fun.

With not so many orchid events in the NYC area, anyone around should make this. I know what bob means about the main GH but there should be some good vendor stuff.

I think i was there for a total of 30 mins this morning.It was a case of ''same stuff different day''.Im glad I put in a pre-order or two,because I would of been a little pi$$ed if I drove 3 hrs for nothing.IMO I think it was better when it was at Parkside.

I went this morning, met up with NYEric and stayed for a couple hours. Managed to come out with the following:

Paph. druryi (Yes, NYEric I got it)
Phrag. kovachii - NBS
Bulbophyllum moniliforme
Masdevillia collina
Pleurothallis palliolata

Light stuff!
Trichopilia hennesihana
Dendrochilum sp.
Dendrochilum magnum
Paph DePerle album
Paph dianthum album
Phrag Cirila Alca x schlimii
Phrag Pink Panther
Angrecum pumilo
Phalaenopsis manii aurea (I doubt this, see my misclaneous stuff thread)
Tolumina triquetrum
Coelia bella
Cynorkis fastigiata
(I forgot, another Hareaela retrocallla/odorata!)
I may get 1 or 2 more things tomorrow. :)
Oh, and I renewed my AOS membership! :eek:
The weather was nicer than last year, a little cool for some. it only took 43 minutes from the Holland Tunnel so travel was not bad. I hope all the vendors do well as we have few shows in our area and we need to keep them coming.

I'm thinking of heading down this afternoon, before they load up and go home.
Sometimes it is the best hour for Jedi mind tricks.

Sometimes it is the best hour for Jedi mind tricks.

Wave hand and and murmur... "You don't want to take these plants back to the nursery with you. It would be much more feasible to sell them to me half off."

Latest posts

Back